Healthy High Protein Gluten Free Brownies are even better with the added benefits of Superfoods
Gluten free brownie recipes are a healthy solution if you’re like me and a chocolate monster. Finding a way of eating it without overdosing on sugar, fat and calories is the answer to our chocolate prayers. These simple protein brownies are gluten-free, with a rich chocolate taste, dense texture and are boosted with protein and superfood making them a healthier, smarter choice.
Whether you’re having friends over and want to serve something healthy but less boring than raw vegetables, or it’s just you wanting to get that chocolate fix, try these superfood low carb brownies which take under an hour to make including cooking time! Because let’s be honest, we all have better things to do than spending hours baking.
Gluten Free Brownie Healthy Recipe Ideas
Make this chocolate protein brownies recipe more easy to share by baking them as cupcakes instead of in 1 big container.
Have a celebration? You can use a 9″ cake pan to bake the perfect celebration cake as they rise pretty well.
There are variations of this gluten free brownies recipe on the web but many use artificial sweeteners rather than natural sugars. As well as low-grade chocolate such as baking cocoa.
In this recipe, I’ve used natural, organic and vegan ingredients including the super food, raw cacao. These ingredients are more expensive than lower quality, processed, chemicals so I want to explain the importance of making the investment, as you’re making an investment to your health.
Benefits of raw cacao
Raw agave nectar
I used raw agave nectar (natural sweetener from the agave plant) instead of an artificial sweetener since it has a low glycemic index. This helps to prevent spikes in your blood sugar levels. It’s 25% sweeter than table sugar so you need less. You can also substitute agave for stevia.
I love using cinnamon and vanilla for extra flavor and cinnamon gives just such a wonderful aroma and Winter comfort. All of these ingredients can be found at Wholefoods.
Gluten free brownies recipe spoiler alert!
Don’t be fooled into thinking these are going to taste like your 500-1000 calorie brownies, they won’t, sorry! However, when you’re trying to eat clean they are a nice sweet treat/sugar fix so you feel like you aren’t missing out on dessert or a snack. They also make an easy for an ‘on-the-go’ snack.
Feel free to play around with the recipe. You may want to add more agave sweetener since the cacao isn’t as sweet as baking cocoa. Or more spices or more protein powder and less oat flour to increase the protein content. If you want to add more fat you could top the gluten free brownies with any natural nut butter. Or to cheat a little, you can add a tiny scraping of chocolate spread/Nutella on the top just to add sweetness and make it a real treat. It may add a few calories but if it stops you reaching for the full-on brownie version then it’s still mission accomplished.
I hope you love this chocolate gluten-free brownie recipe that’s also healthy and high in protein as much as my family and I do. Finally a protein brownie recipe that keeps your bodybuilding or life goals in mind.
Healthy Gluten Free Brownies | High Protein Treat
Gluten Free Brownies Nutrition
Calories: Approx 96
Fat: 1.4 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Protein: 5-10 grams
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 scoops Dymatize ISO pro chocolate protein powder or similar Protein Powder
- ½ cup -Raw agave blue agave (You can use Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal if you can’t find agave)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Organic Raw Cacao Powder (vegan, organic, kosher, raw).
- 5oz Water
- 1tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon (or spices of your choice)
Gluten Free Brownies Directions
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients (oat flower, lean body protein powder, baking soda, raw cacao and spices) together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients (egg whites, Agave, Water, vanilla) together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all of the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Add the batter to dish (spray the dish with non-stick butter if you must. I don’t, it’s easy to clean the dish after by allowing it to soak in hot soapy water for a while)
- Bake 20-30 minutes in the oven. Don’t panic if it seems to stay liquid in the center for a while, I promise if you cook it long enough it will turn to into cake. Keep an eye the last few minutes of baking as it will suddenly set and continue to set more once out of the oven and cooling).
Feel free to share this gluten free brownies recipe with your fit and gluten-free friends and comment below on what you like to do to the recipe yourself to change it up.
Here’s to healthy, clean and happy living.
Get more healthy recipe dupes
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar Healthy Recipe Copy
Healthy Protein Cinnamon Roll Recipe (ps this will also make your house smell amazing!)
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.