Best Ever Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe A Family Favorite Dessert
Gluten free carrot cake recipe is about as good as clean eating gets! This healthy carrot cake recipe can be just as delicious as the more decadent versions with the added benefit of being much healthier for you. This easy carrot cake recipe is gluten free and has more protein than your regular carrot cake recipes and is one of my favorites for both taste and smell.
If you are like me and have a sweet tooth, it’s a battle to not let it get the best of you and not to turn into a sugar deprived, cranky beast when trying not to give in to the cravings! This healthy carrot cake recipe satiates cravings as well as making a great post workout or on-the-go snack, with it’s balance of protein and carbs.
If you want to add fat, top each serving with 1tsp-1tbsp (depending on your macros if you watch them) of an all natural nut butter. Alternatively you could mix 1/3 cup coconut oil or olive oil to the cake mix before baking. When buying coconut oil check what temperature it can be heated to and adjust the cooking temperature and time accordingly (it’s generally around 350-375F). Celsius to Fahrenheit Temperature conversions.
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Recipe | High Protein
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 4 heaped scoops Dymatize Vanilla Protein Powder (or similar)
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup Agave or Truvia (any natural, unrefined sugar will do)
- 20 ml/4 oz fresh squeezed Orange Juice (you can also grate and add the rind if you wish)
- 4oz/100g grated carrots (I left mine to soak in the OJ and spices for a few hours)
- 3 tbsp currants (optional)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- Preheat the oven to 360 F
- Mix the dry ingredients together (feel free to alter the amount of spices) in a large bowl. You may want to use less sugar as the carrots and fresh orange juice add sweetness.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix both dry and wet ingredients together in the large bowl, folding the mixture to get some air in to make them lighter, and making sure all of the powders are well combined as the baking soda can taste bitter if not mixed well.
- Pour into a pyrex or heat proof dish and bake for 20-35 minutes (mine took 31 mins) until you can insert and remove a knife cleanly in the center.
- Leave to cool and enjoy your healthy treat.
- If you don’t mind some extra calories and sugar, feel free to add a drizzle of icing, cream cheese frosting, a sprinkle of raw unsalted pecans or walnuts, or simply dust with powdered sugar.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake Serving Tips
The Glamour and Gains Gluten Free Protein Carrot Cake is also amazing warm-Yum!
More Healthy Recipes
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.