The healthy 7 layer Greek dip that never fails to impress
7 layer greek yogurt dip recipe looks super impressive, is a flavor explosion and is way quicker and easier than it looks. This dish not only looks beautiful and colorful but is a low fat and makes a great healthy appetizer. A 7 layer dip is always a hit and great for Super Bowl parties and BBQ’s. The dish is always scraped clean whenever I serve it as an appetizer or pool side snack. This low fat dip is also quicker and easier to make than it looks.
Most layer dips call for cream cheese and have a hefty fat content. I switched the cream cheese for 0% fat Fage Greek yogurt, which offers the same thick consistency without the fat content whilst adding protein and being lighter = win/win!
Low carb appetizer
To make this greek yogurt dip a low carb appetizer, serve it with raw crudités such as thinly sliced carrots, cucumbers or celery for dipping instead of pita or tortilla chips. If you’re serving it more traditionally with pita bread or pita chips. Stacey’s makes really nice thick pita chips which are ideal for scooping.
Greek Food Theme
Why not theme your whole meal and follow this appetizer with chicken and vegetable skewers and a Greek salad.
The beauty of this 7 layer dip is that it’s versatile for all tastes. You can take out any of the ingredients you don’t like, add those that you do, and it’ll still work. Unlike baking, where one wrong move and you’re doomed!
7 Layer Dip Recipe | healthy greek yogurt dip
7 Layer Dip Ingredients
- 8oz. Strained 0% or low fat Greek yogurt such as Fage
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning (or Oregano)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c. hummus
- 1 c. seeded, diced cucumbers (optional)
- 1/2 c. chopped Kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 c. seeded, diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c. chopped spring onions (about 3 spring onions completely chopped)
- 1/2 c. crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/8-1/4 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- With an electric mixer or hand held mixer, combine the Greek yogurt, seasoning, garlic and lemon juice until light and fluffy.
- In a clear dish (so you can see the layers), spread the yogurt into the bottom of the shallow dish.
- Then spread a layer of hummus on top of the yogurt.
- Continue to create layers by sprinkling each of the ingredients one on top of the other: the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions and Feta cheese.
- Top with the freshly chopped parsley (or cilantro) to garnish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend. Sometimes I can’t wait and it’s still good, so if you’re as impatient as I am don’t worry.
- Serve this 7 layer dip with pita chips, fresh vegetables, and/or warm flatbread cut into small triangles.
- A crisp white wine such as a Pinot Gris, Albarino or unoaked Chardonnay also washes down nicely with this!
Enjoy this 7 layer dip recipe not just on Summer days but all year round to evoke memories if Summer! If you try this Greek yogurt dip recipe, tag me on Instagram in your photos @evedawes #glamourandgains
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.