Super Quick and Easy Spiced Vanilla Protein Shake Recipe | Dairy Free
Protein shake recipes can be bland but what makes this the best protein shake recipe is that besides being delicious, it has extra health benefits. This lactose free, vanilla protein shake recipe is alkalizing and has extra fiber from the figs and extra flavor from the spices. Its tasty, filling and the spices make this so perfect for the colder months.
Is whey protein powder acidic or alkalizing?
If you’re thinking protein powder is acidic and not alkalizing, read this article is whey acidic or alkalizing? It depends on what protein powder you’re using and this recipe used hydro whey to keep it lactose free. It’s also the almond milk and figs that help make this an alkalizing drink that makes it easy on your stomach.
Best Vanilla Protein Shake Recipe + Figs
- 1 scoop vanilla hydro whey/isolate protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 figs pre-soaked to soften (I added these instead of having prunes, which are acidic)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (optional, you can also use water. I normally just use water to reduce calories but almonds are alkalizing)
- ¼ cup water
- Ice (the more you use, the thicker it will be)
- Soak the figs for at least 5 minutes to soften
- Throw all of the ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth, thick, shake.
- Sprinkle with some extra cinnamon and nutmeg if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.
Quick, easy and nutritious.
Have your tried this recipe?
Let me know if you’ve tried the Spiced Vanilla & Fig Protein Shake recipe in the comments below or feel free to share your own recipes. I love seeing what you’ve created.
This post contains affiliate links I may make a small commission from if you purchase via the link.
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.