Head turning trending designers Fall wedding guest dresses from luxe to luxe for less
Fall wedding guest dresses for elegant and fashion forward looks for Fall weddings in 2021. For the last few years Fall wedding season attire meant predictable neutrals and darker Autumnal colors. This years Fall fashion color trends are brighter, full of rich jewel tones and more fun, with pinks of any shade, red, green, royal blue and lavender. If you’re looking for an outdoor fall wedding guest dress, luckily blazers of all lengths are in fashion for cooler or outdoor wedding ceremonies. As are long line coats and jackets. I’ve included both sleeveless, fall wedding guest dresses with sleeves and some outerwear so you can find the right dress and your perfect look.
Fall wedding attire 2021
The 2021 Fall wedding guest trends include cut outs, bold pinks, greens and reds as well as pastels like lavender. As always, there’s looks from designer to high street in this Autumn wedding edit and a wide variety whatever your personal style. With styles that work for all dress codes whether you’re looking for floor-length gowns for a black tie affair, outdoor fall wedding guest dresses, knee lengths, or more casual wedding dresses. I can’t wait to see what you wear! Tag me in your photos @glamourandgains so that I can see and share your looks.
17 designer Fall wedding guest dresses you’ll want to wear again and agains over $400
I hunted down the best choices for fall wedding attire styles for Autumn nuptials from all of the new season wedding guest dresses for 2021 from trending designers with styles for all dress codes. Now’s the perfect time to shop for wedding guest dresses to wear for Fall wedding attire and cooler temperatures so you have time to do exchanges and plan your whole look. I’m updating this weekly as the dresses keep selling out and there’s nothing more frustrating than wasting time clicking on links to sold out styles you’ve fallen in love with.
A lot of these wedding guest outfits will work as outdoor fall wedding guest dresses and for Winter as well with a pair of stockings and close toe pumps or boots and a Winter coat. If you’re looking for a summer wedding dress, these are the best styles for warmer sunny days. These are my top picks for wedding guest attire from my favorite designers.
Scroll down for more affordable looks.
- For those who love bold colors: Givenchy knitted sleeveless dress in red with trending cut outs and an exposed zipper.
- Flamenco vibes : Giuseppe Di Morabito ultra feminine lilac ruffled jacquard dress.
- Chic fashionistas: Elie Saab halterneck dress with an adorable oversized bow and sexy halterneck neckline. This would also be perfect for Winter wedding guest dress.
- Ultra femme: Needle and Thread pastel ruffle maxi dress. The most adorable delicate tulle dress for Spring, Summer or Fall wedding guests in this Falls hottest color.
- Neutral lovers: A slinky classic style in beautiful beige satin from Zimmermann for those looking for a short fall wedding guest dress with sleeves.
- Belle of the ball: This blue lace and tulle midi dress is so beautiful and just the right amount of elegant with sexy to be wedding appropriate.
- Speak now: This long sleeve pink midi dress is beautifully structured with its padded shoulders and fitted cut. It’s from trending designer Zhivago whose price point is a lot more affordable than most.
- Statement makers: This structured black midi dress is so beautifully designed. The waist detailing, 1/2 length cap sleeves and leg slit make this a complete knock out. Perfect if there’s an ex at the wedding!
- Elegant senorita: This silk-satin dress looks elegant and business in the front but has a sexy open back and such a vibrant color for Fall wedding attire.
- Green goddess: A stunning and slinky green satin-crepe halterneck dress that can be worn with sandals or under knee high boots for colder days. The perfect dress for cooler months.
- Effortless chic: Backless, long sleeve, silk-satin neutral dress from Harmur new season.
- Cult Status: This Cult Gaia blue feather mini dress with a shorter hemline is my absolute favorite of these dresses. The color, plunging neckline and feathers make this pure poetry to me and is made for the dance floor.
- Floral babes: Zimmermann is having more than a moment in 2021 and have reimagined their Cassia floral dress for Fall with long sleeves. This is a dress that will definitely get worn on repeat.
- Sparkle on: In this indigo sequin midi dress by Bronx and Banco. Sequins are a big trend for Fall 2021 and this dress is made for partying.
- It’s Versace: This silk sleeveless Versace column maxi dress is elegant yet statement making. There’s nothing like wearing red to feel confident and express the color of love.
- Whimsical mini: This light green, crystal embellished chiffon and lace mini dress from Self Portrait is so pretty and delicate. The crystal belt is removable if you don’t want the sparkle for a wedding.
- Dress to impress: In this structured Alexandre Vauthier asymmetric red dress. The stretch jersey and ruched waist mean you can actually eat at the wedding and still be comfortable!
25 Fall wedding guest dresses 2021 – 2022 under $400
These gorgeous Fall cocktail dresses are feminine, on trend and great value for money. I love the fall wedding guest dresses with sleeves and in heavier fabrics as I’m always cold. Plus it means not worrying about how arms look in photos.
Most of these styles are from online stores that offer free shipping and returns. They’re the best dresses for under $400 with great options for indoor and outdoor weddings and this time of year.
A lot of these styles are pre order as dresses that were available were selling out too quickly to keep up with. I’m updating this weekly so if you find something sold out check back in a couple of days and I’ll probably have updated the list.
Fall wedding guest dresses 2021 that don’t break the bank
- This Michael Costello lavender/periwinkle strapless midi dress is perfection. It’s feminine, sexy, elegant and the midi length is ‘the’ trending length for Fall 2021. I just got mine and the sizing runs slightly small so def consider sizing up or ordering 2 sizes and returning one. The material almost has a slight waffle texture to it and is a little sparkly which you can’t tell from their photos. The best part of this dress is that it’s beautifully boned and stays up really well. It’s also flattering on the booty.
- Made for dancing and parties, this sparkling and feather hem dress would also be perfect for holiday parties. If you want to make a dramatic entrance and style statement this is the dress. Sizing runs big so size down 1-2 sizes and take care when using the bathroom with all of the feathers!
- The Diana Gown: This plum one shoulder dress is one of Revolves best sellers. It’s an elegant and flattering midi dress with thicker material that’s perfect for both a Fall or Winter wedding guest dress.
- Green goddess high neck satin cocktail dress. I love the elegant high neck on this pale green high low Fall wedding guest dress. It does need steaming or ironing before use though. I found the sizing ran true to size (wearing an XS).
- Lulus always has the most beautiful feminine dresses and is featured a lot in the Summer wedding guest edit as well. If this green satin midi dress is too plunging for you, you can always tack or pin it closed for the wedding and then repurpose it for other events like holiday parties.
- Give me all the volume! This très chic long sleeve body conscious midi dress isn’t just another satin dress, it has gorgeous voluminous puff sleeves and flattering ruched waist. It’s an uber femme pale pink dress that I’d be slathering on the self tanner to wear but a totally lust worthy style. I’d probably end up choosing this, No. 1 or 19 if I was going to a Fall wedding. The long sleeves would make this ideal for an outdoor fall wedding guest dress.
- Self Portrait has some of the best lace dresses for 2021 and this coral red dress with it’s sweet silhouette even has pockets! The lace is elegant but the neckline keeps it a little sexy and flattering.
- Luxe velvet maxi dress in the most beautiful jewel tone emerald green. If you’re looking for a winter or outdoor fall wedding guest dress, this long sleeve, thicker material dress will probably work perfectly for you.
- Less is more in this simple but elegant slip midi dress with adjustable straps.
- Velvet, long sleeves, roll neck…everything you need on colder days from a Fall wedding guest dress. It’s also another dress in a gorgeous emerald green but this ones a mini.
- The most affordable dress on this fall wedding attire list. I put the lavender in the photos above as it’s one of the trending colors for Fall 2021 but it’s available in 9 different colors and such an elegant style for under $50.
- A one shoulder column maxi dress that’s the prettiest shade of orange for Fall. Think more sorbet than traffic cone and such a stunning cut.
- Sparkly, slinky and feminine, this silver maxi dress is so pretty. The bow details on the shoulders and belted waist are what made me fall in love with this style. Plus there’s enough room for eating and drinking bubbles.
- This color! I have a one shoulder dress in a similar color to this except mine’s shorter. Its stunning and the draping and side ruched detail is heavenly. Adds to cart…
- Power dressing: this hot pink blazer cape dress is so structured yet feminine. It’s not the color for those who like to blend in, it’s a total stand out piece that would look gorgeous styled with gold jewelry and nude pumps.
- This halterneck black dress is anything but basic. Elegant, chic and easy to dress up or down depending on the dress code.
- Pleated perfection: Another off the shoulder, belted mini dress that’s pleated and a vibrant red. It’s under $100 and versatile enough to be worn to other occasions besides weddings.
- You know how much I love hot pink. So I might have been a bit biased creating this Fall wedding guest dresses 2021 edit but this satin maxi dress also comes in ‘Mykonos blue’.
- Another Fall wedding guest dress with sleeves for the cooler months. Elliatt has been coming through with the dresses this year and this high low hem and high neckline is church wedding appropriate. It’s so beautifully cut and feminine. Plus the smocked waist is really flattering.
- This blue asymmetric dress style is a best seller. If the blue’s too bright for you, it also comes in a flattering, Autumnal green. It’s such a polished look that’s super versatile and the perfect choice if you want a dress you can wear more than once.
- A sexy and flirty version of the LBD with a cool neckline that has 1 off shoulder and 1 on shoulder strap to make it different to your average LBD. It’s also under $65.
- This knockout red dress is such a beautiful color from Fall and makes a change from the usual neutrals and dark colors. The long sleeves and high neck are gorgeous as you’d expect from Amanda Uprichard and perfect for outdoor venues.
- This pink floral mini dress is one of Revolves best sellers and is giving me all the Fall fashion vibes. It’s a great fall wedding guest dresses with sleeves. The padded shoulders are perfection.
- Fall Perfect: one of the most elegant and fall inspired styles of these Fall wedding guest dresses. It’s perfect if you’re going to a non formal or a formal wedding. It’s a boned, strapless, floral maxi dress with a killer thigh high slit and plunging neckline.
- Lady luck. I’m obsessed with the vibrant shade of green of this dress. This satin mini/midi knee length dress is both sexy and elegant with a flattering wrap tie accent at the waist.
Fall wedding guest dresses outwear
Fall weather can be really hit and miss! Even if you’ve chosen an outdoor fall wedding guest dress, you’re more than likely going to need to layer up your wedding outfit with a light jacket or blazer to stay warm. Forget a boring black coat, these colorful blazers and jackets are perfect for weddings and for whatever the Autumn weather is on the day.
Whether it’s a November wedding or in a colder part of the country/world, you’ll probably need something a little more heavy weight. So that you’re not limited to a turtle neck sweater dress and then having hot flashes as soon as you go inside.
Fall wedding guest dresses 2021 | Complete your look
Here are the perfect shoes and statement earrings to complete your fall wedding attire.
Choosing a Dress Etiquette Tips
When it comes to wedding guest dress code etiquette it’s ever evolving and depends on the dress code, bride and grooms preference, country and culture.
If you’re worried any of the colors are too bold or aren’t sure how formal to be just ask the bride, mother of the bride or her maid of honor. Most brides have a vision of what they want their wedding to look like.
Obviously, white is always a definite no to wear as it’s reserved for the bride in many cultures. When it comes to black, it’s a matter of preference and where the wedding is. In America black tends to be fine. However, in England it could have been a faux pas but that’s slowly changing and it’s becoming more acceptable. If in doubt avoid black as it’s such a sombre color and reserved more for funerals and mourning in the UK.
When I got married in England back in 2008, I asked my guests to not wear black on the wedding invites as part of the dress code. It’s always easier when the bride gives you clear direction but if in doubt just ask. No one wants to feel uncomfortable or upset the bride.
I’ve spoken to a few mothers of the bride and groom and their tip was to talk to each other to make sure you’re not wearing the same or anything too similar. As well as to make sure your colors don’t clash since you’ll be stood together in a lot of the photos.
For more fashion and daily style inspiration
You might also like
This weeks discount codes
IGLOVE for 15% OFF Dawes Custom Cosmetics
TULIP for 10% OFF Revolve
Eve20 for 20% OFF Wines By Lamborghini
Sarahflint-baevedawes $50 OFF Sarah Flint Shoes
glamourandgains 20 for 20% OFF Edible Beauty
balance20 for 20% OFF Ayrskincare
EVED for 10% OFF LashLovinYou
Eve20 20% OFF ShopLC
This post contains affiliate links
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.