What to do with leftover turkey? Healthy Turkey Cranberry Burgers
Leftover turkey recipes can be dry and unhealthy but this turkey burger has all the festive flavor with none of the guilt. Try this lean and organic turkey burger; bursting with all of your favorite festive flavors minus the guilt. These turkey burgers are not only moist but they’re super quick and easy to make and cook too.
Festive foods don’t need to do major damage to your waistline and health. So grab the ingredients and give this healthy turkey burger recipe a go.
Feel free to add your own toppings and play around with the sides. To keep it healthy swap out burger buns for lettuce wraps and use your leftover Christmas vegetables as the sides.
Turkey Burgers Healthy Moist Recipe
- 1lb ground turkey breast (roughly chop in food processor)
- 1/3 cup crushed, raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (sub with 1 tbsp cranberry juice if you can’t find these)
- 1/2 apple, peeled, cored & roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- Mix all of the ingredients together and form into patties.
- Place on a pre-heated medium/high grill for 7-9 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove from grill and serve with the sides of your choice.
- Serving ideas to add more flavor and moisture: top with a homemade cranberry mayonnaise, stuffing and baked apple (see video).
What to do with leftover turkey
Do you have any leftover turkey recipes? Share them in the comments below. Don’t forget to pin this recipe to one of your Pinterest recipe boards to find it easily agin.
Is it really dinner without dessert? ‘Tis the season. Try this Healthy Protein Cinnamon Roll Recipe.
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.