What to wear to the F1 Grand Prix | From the red carpet to the tracks here’s how to dress for Formula 1 Las Vegas | F1 Fashion
Formula One outfit ideas to show up in style for the Formula 1 Las Vegas Grand Prix. You don’t need to be a celebrity to find a cool outfit to wear to the Formula 1. The whole tracks pretty much turned into a fashion show. I’m a Las Vegas Fashion Editor so who better to create this style guide of Formula 1 outfit ideas for you. Brands have jumped on this trend in collaboration with the official Formula 1 to create motor racing inspired collections which make it easy to find something to wear. From Chanel’s Formula One t shirt (I’m sharing where to get it below) to Ferrari‘s own clothing collection that has some surprisingly feminine styles.
These fashion forward looks work for the F1 dress code whatever official ticket package you’ve chosen. Ranging from uber cool leather moto jackets to sexy jumpsuits, sophisticated styles, Valentino kitten heels to team sneakers and layering pieces. They’re perfect whether you’re headed to the track or a Formula 1 party.
This post contains affiliate links.
Formula 1 dress code
While the FIA (Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile) doesn’t have a set F1 dress code per say, there are some guidelines based on the countries culture and the tickets you have. Because it’s the first time it’s been held in Las Vegas, you’re going to be the ones who determine the fashion.
In Vegas pretty much anything goes. However, there are still some things that are frowned upon at the F1 and you should still keep it polished and smart casual but comfortable (e.g. don’t wear beach attire or loungewear).
Las Vegas in November tends to be a different than dressing for the Grand Prix in Monaco or Abu Dhabi which tends to be warmer and the outfits more sophisticated. Fashion varies from country to country. So it’s all about dressing for your surroundings, being respectful of different cultures and the weather. As well as the hospitality or area you’re in.
If you’re in an inside hospitality suite with terrace access you can dress in layers versus wanting to dress warmer if you’re going to be outside all day. Wherever you are, the F1’s always a great excuse to dress fashionably.
If you’ve got access to the Champions Club or the Formula 1 Paddock Club™, you’ll need to make more of an effort to “look the part” than in a grandstand. Smart casual dress is recommended…The Champions Club and Formula 1 Paddock Club request that no jogging suits, shorts or beach attire be worn.F1 Experiences F1 dress code
I’ve tried to include something for everyone whether your style’s more modest, sophisticated, sexy, casual or glam.
Formula 1 outfit ideas
There are so many ways to dress for the Las Vegas F1 Grand Prix. So it should be fairly easy to find something that works for your personal style and the tickets you have.
There’s also been a lot of F1 capsule lines released by various designers. You really can’t get it wrong with any of these since they’re designed specifically as Formula 1 outfits.
- A long sleeve bouclé dress or blazer dress looks elegant and chic. Layer with tights if it’s cold.
- For an on trend look style a sweatshirt, pleated skirt, and chunky boots with ankle socks and sunglasses.
- Blazer and shorts sets or blazer and pants sets are great for layering with with comfortable loafers for a chic effortless style.
- For a softer, feminine look style a flowy midi or maxi dress with sneakers or trending ballet pumps, slides or Mary Jane flats.
- For a comfy and cute Formula One outfit style a playsuit with a statement belt if it’s warm. Although highly unlikely in November.
- For a motorcore look style jumpsuits and flat lace up ankle boots or classic Jordans with a sleek ponytail. Cuffed hems are great so they don’t drag on the bathroom floor!
- A blazer with jeans and the unisex P448 x Scuderia AlphaTauri John Racer sneakers is a comfortable smart casual option.
- Cargo pants with a cropped sweater, sneakers and hat (dependent on the area you’re in).
- The Ferrari red leather moto jacket and matching pants/trousers is a head turning statement outfit that’s warm.
- Style a leather mini skirt over thick tights with a flat boots, a cute top and statement sunglasses.
- Oversized blazers are still in style and easy to wear over leather leggings. Add a bucket hat for an easy street style luxe Formula One outfit.
- If your team Ferrari, style one of their sweaters with leggings (and a baseball cap if you’re not in a suite). If there’s a time to be loud and proud, F1 Las Vegas is it! Wear it with loafers or boots to stop the look being too casual.
- A sweater dress and trench coat is sophisticated, warm and comfortable Formula 1 outfit for a long day at the track.
- Style the Chanel Formula One t shirt which is a simple white round neck tee featuring a black racing car on a track and embroidered in white, red, black & multicolor (Look 7 Cruise 2022/23) with a cute pant suit and pointed toe flat pumps.
Chanel Formula One t shirt
The Chanel Formula One t shirt which is part of Chanel’s F1-inspired Cruise 2023 collection has already gone viral! Thanks in part to influencers seen wearing Chanel’s T-shirt at the Monaco Grand Prix on May 28, 2023. As well as the explosion on TikTok about it.
If you’re ok dropping $4450 or £4,000 on a t-shirt and looking for one piece that you’ll always remember the event by and that you can wear on repeat, it’s the Chanel Formula One t shirt. It’s hard to get hold of, so contact a Chanel Advisor or click the image below ASAP. If you want to have any chance of getting your hands on one.
What shoes to wear to the Formula 1 Las Vegas
Be warned, it’s a lot of walking and a long day on your feet so maybe leave the heels at home! In some other cities wedges, espadrilles, or a block heel works. However, from what I hear, the Vegas track is going to mean a lot of walking. So you might want to go for more comfortable flats like slides, sneakers, trending chic loafers, ballet flats, Mary Jane pumps or kitten heels.
Flat leather knee high boots are also a great option with thick socks if it’s really cold. Just make sure you’ve broken them in first. No one wants to be thinking about their feet or uncomfortable at the Grand Prix.
Formula 1 fashion | Official F1 brand collaborations
Although Hollister recently launched a collection of McLaren-inspired T-shirts. While PacSun collaborated with the official Formula 1 brand to produce graphic tees inspired by motor racing.
The Scuderia AlphaTauri team even launched their official team unisex sneakers with P448. They’re available to shop online only and of course Ferrari has their own entire apparel line.
I’d suggest leaving these to chilling at the hotel room or non-official F1 parties and going for a smarter look that’s more appropriate for the unspoken F1 dress code.
Formula 1 outfit tips for what to wear to Formula 1 Las Vegas
Las Vegas isn’t always hot! The F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix is on November 16-18th 2023 and it can get cold in November. As well as be windy or rainy. So a smart coat, blazer or leather moto jacket is a great lightweight option for layering with that’s not too bulky to carry around. I can’t stop looking at the Blanc Noir black and white one and might be tempted to add that to my cart sooner than later.
Leather driving gloves are also a cool way to complete your Formula One outfit while keeping your hands warm. Mine are always freezing!
Jumpsuits always look great and are a comfortable option. Just be wary of belts or anything that might end up on the restroom floor or make life more difficult! Cuffed hems are a safe bet as they don’t drag on the ground.
Las Vegas is notorious for random windy and monsoon rainy days so don’t forget a hat and lots of hairspray.
Shop the Formula 1 outfit edit
Whether you’re dressing in edgy or sexy leather motorcore, going for an on trend street style look or something more sophisticated and glam this edit that works for the F1 dress code has you covered.
PacSun has some really cute Formula 1 jackets and outfits for a more casual outside ticket holder track outfit. As well women’s loungewear sets that are cute to cozy up in back at your hotel (not on the circuit). Their whole collection is selling out fast, so get it while you can.
What is motorcore
The motorcore fashion aesthetic isn’t just great for Formula 1 outfit ideas but a cool trend that works on and off the racetrack:
Motorcore is characterized by daring and rebellious styles inspired by the high speeds and very dangerous nature of open-wheel racing.Byrdie