Shoe trends tend to follow pop culture & the Air Movie 2023 is keeping Jordan’s well & truly in the spotlight
Air Jordans for women are one of those sneaker styles that are always in style. They may not be everyone’s taste but with the 2023 Air: Courting a Legend movie release, they’re definitely going to be on a lot of feet. If you’re not a fan of of the high top women’s Nike Air Jordans, they also come in mid and low tops. Here’s how to get ahead of this sneaker trend with cult classics to Nike’s newest releases. As well as a review and comparison of the high versus mid styles in case it’s your first time shopping for Jordans which it was for me. Snap them up fast, a lot of these styles are selling out with the upcoming release of the Air Jordan movie on April 5th.
This post contains affiliate links.
Air Jordan by Nike Inc. are one of the most popular sneakers & best sneakers of all time. Mainly because of the Air Jordan brand history, style, comfort and durability.
Knowing how much movies and pop culture influences fashion my prediction is that the Nike Air Jordan sneaker will go from being a classic that’s been around since 1985 and always in style to a major sneaker trend for 2023.
Air Jordan Review & Comparison
The Air Jordan comes in 3 categories: low, mid and high. There’s a few things that make them all different as well as a lot of similarities:
- The original style is the high tops, the mid didn’t get released until 2001. If you want the most authentic and nostalgic go for the high-top.
- The Mids have 8 lace holes, versus the high tops having 9 and the lows 6 eyelets.
- Obviously the difference in height of the collars is the most noticeable on the 3 styles.
- The logos on the tongues also differs between styles.
- High tops are generally more expensive. Although obviously there are certain collectibles that break this rule.
- The soles are the same on both the womens Air Jordan mid and high tops.
- The high tops came in a red and black NIKE box, the mid in a white box with the gold jumpman logo.
- If you’re looking to wear them as basketball shoes, the mid tops are supposed to be better on court. They both offer pretty much the same amount of ankle support & lateral stability, the the mids are slightly less restrictive as the collars don’t come up as high.
Here’s my review of the women’s Air Jordan and a comparison of the mid and high top sneakers. Including the sizing and comfort. As well as the most popular styles ever made, best colorways and my top picks for 2023 from low to high tops. In this video:
- Air Jordan 1 High Top OG sneakers “Newstalgia” (womens).
- Air Jordan 1 Mid Sneaker (Women) in red white and black.
Do Women’s Air Jordans run true to size
They say the Air Jordan collection runs true to size and to order your usual shoe size but if you’re unsure order a couple of sizes from a store that offers free shipping and free returns like Nordstrom, Nike, or Revolve. I ordered my normal size and found the fit absolutely perfect.
In 1984, Michael Jordan began an NBA career that would ignite basketball culture, redefine greatness, and revolutionize the game. Today, Jordan Brand continues to inspire a new generation to achieve greatness on their terms.Revolve
Are Air Jordan’s comfortable
I found both the Air Jordan mid for women and high tops really comfortable with a lot of cushioning. The only difference was the high tops tongue was more padded so it didn’t dig into my chins as much as the harder leather tongue on the mids.
Shop Women’s Air Jordan Sneakers
Because of the upcoming Nike Air Courting A Legend movie release, a lot of these styles have started selling out fast. Especially classics and styles similar to the original pair like the Nike Air Jordan mid top sneakers in red, white and black. There’s also a lot of new releases coming out this year so I’ll add them as new styles drop.
If you’re not a fan of high tops a lot of the most popular colorways also come in low and mid tops. A good pair or Air Jordans to start with is the womens Air Jordan 1. It’s one of the most versatile depending on the colorway you get.
You can also fully customize them on Nike if you know exactly what you want.
My top picks for 2023 that I personally love are:
- Air Jordan 1 low baby blue and white sneakers that look a lot like AF1’s.
- Pretty purple and white velvet Air Jordan 1 mid SE sneaker for a more girly style.
- Classic red, white and black or pink, white and black Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG sneakers or 1 Mid Sneaker.
- Beige, white and black Air Jordan 1 Zoom Air CMFT sneakers are the perfect neutral pair.
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.Michael Jordan
Air Jordan 1 Low Sneaker
If you’re not a fan of high tops or mid tops, these sneakers still give you the classic Jordan feel and color ways but with the low top aesthetic.
Women’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Sneakers
Same classic style with a new, fresh vibe and the trademark Air Jordan wings emblem. A mid top is the middle ground between high and low-cut models.
If you like a bit of extra height, this style features a 50mm/ 2 inch platform.
The Most Feminine Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid SE Sneaker
This style is so different to the other leather iterations of this style sneaker. It’s the prettiest lilac and white that would look super cute for Spring or Summer kicks.
Womens Air Jordan 1 Elevate Mid Sneaker
For a style that really pops and gives some extra height check out these Nike Jordan mid top sneakers. The bright Varsity red definitely makes these a statement pair if you’re looking for something a bit funky.
Most popular women’s Air Jordan 1
The 2021 WMNS Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG SE “Atmosphere” sneakers is one of the most popular womens Air Jordan 1’s right now according to Complex. Revolve’s most popular women’s Air Jordan 1 is their Air Jordan 1 Retro High Og Sneaker in Varsity Maize & Game Royal Sail. Personally I prefer the pink and grey Atmosphere’s.
For the newest style, Nike’s latest Jordans to drop at the time of writing this is their Air Jordan 1 Elevate Low.
Air Movie release date
My husband and I loved the Air movie which came out on April 5 2023. It was so interesting, inspiring and heartwarming to see what the love and brains of a good Mother can do.
From director Ben Affleck comes AIR. Exclusively in theaters April 5, 2023MGM
Air Movie Official Trailer
If you haven’t seen the Air Movie, check out the trailer, my husband and I absolutely loved this movie:
I’m personally sticking to my Air Force 1’s. As much as I find the Air Jordan really comfortable I’m just not a high or mid top sneaker girl. I have one pair of Dunks I never wear but I might wear again this year as they’re similar enough to Jordan’s but for the most part I’m more of a classic white sneaker girl.
For more fashion, style tips and sale alerts.
More sneaker trends
More sneaker trends and styles to love and everything you need to know about them: