Fashionable petite maxi dresses that flatter and that you’ll actually want to wear this Summer!
Petite maxi dresses blogs are everywhere but I couldn’t find any that featured any dresses I’d actually wear. They were all super basic, frumpy, or had hideous prints. I wanted to make things right for us petite girls and find the best petite maxi dresses from cool brands that are fashionable, stylish, flattering and we actually want to wear this Summer! From petite maxi dresses with sleeves, casual to date night, colorful to white, these are the petite summer maxi dresses to wear now. I also looked for quite a few with volume as they shoot beautifully on vacation, especially when there’s some wind.
19 Best Petite Maxi Dresses to Wear This Summer
I hunted down a mix of petite maxi dresses that you can wear whether you’re wanting to be casual, going on vacation, or looking for a long for date night. Some of these are sold as bridesmaid dresses but you know me, the more feminine and elegant the better. They’ll look just as good for a romantic beach dinner as dressed down with strappy flats for lunch.
6 Style Tips For Pulling of Petite Maxi Dresses
- Add a belt if it isn’t already belted or doesn’t have a waist line to create a flattering silhouette.
- Go for actual maxi’s not midis that tend to make us petite girls look even shorter. It’s all about creating as much length as possible.
- Add a wedge or strappy nude sandal to add height unless your gping for a casual style.
- Avoid horizontal stripes as they make everyone look bigger.
- Avoid big prints as they tend to overwhelm petite women.
- If you love a maxi dress that isn’t a petite size and don’t want to fork out for tailoring, Wonder Web works wonders on lightweight material
A petite white maxi dress looks so good for beach vacations, poolside or with a tan. Add some gold accessories and a raffia beach tote and you’re ready for summer.
Where can I find petite maxi dresses?
It can be pretty limiting to find fashionable brands that do petite maxi dresses as I find most either really ugly or unflattering. ASOS and Reformation’s maxi dresses are always more fashion forward and their sizings consistent. Plus, ASOS offers free shipping and returns so you can try them on for size, without being stuck with something that doesn’t fit!
More in womens fashion
Connect with me
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.