These are the top rated luxury to affordable shapewear for a sleeker smoother silhouette: Problem solved!
The best shapewear isn’t restrictive but comfortable and gives a smoother silhouette rather than squishing the life out of you. If you can’t breathe or move in it, it’s probably not going to make you feel your best and the whole point is body confidence. So if it doesn’t make you feel great, hit the return button. These are the top rated styles for all occasions from Spanx, Skims, Honeylove and more. With styles from panties and bras to full coverage shapewear bodysuits from luxury to the best affordable shapewear. There’s something for whatever part of your body you’re wanting to smooth. Whether that’s shapewear for dresses that smoothes everything, tummy control, sexier styles or targeting specific areas.
This post contains affiliate links.
What makes the very best shapewear the best
When it comes to the best shapewear, I took into consideration user reviews, other stylist top picks, how easy they are to launder, the fabric, their effectiveness, comfort & how they look. I get that they’re not the sexiest underwear but I still don’t want to look like I’m wearing Granny pants. There’s actually some sexier lace shapewear on here as well as the basics and maternity options.
Pro shopping tips for finding the best shapewear for you
- If you’re worried about them slipping, look for either shapewear pieces with silicone waistband which are designed to stay up or go for a shapewear bodysuit.
- For the easiest styles to go to the bathroom in, look for styles with bottom closures so you don’t have to take the whole thing off every time!
- When ordering and trying to decide on what you need from full bodysuits to just shapewear pants, consider what you’re going to be wearing it with and where you want to smooth out. Shapewear bodysuits are awesome but if you’re wanting something to go with a backless or strapless dress make sure it will work with those.
- If you’re wanting a bodysuit but are worried about VPL look for thong bodysuits or underwear like Skims thong shapewear.
- For nude shapewear look for a brand that offers lots of different shades of ‘nude’ so that you find the perfect color for your skin tone.
- If it’s your arms that you’re worried about, there’s even a solution for that. This slimming and smoothing arm compression shaper is great for under fitted, long sleeve dresses.
- If you’re not sure what you’re going to be wearing it with, go for something versatile that has convertible straps.
- Maternity shapewear is different to regular sculpting underwear so if that’s what you’re looking for make sure to choose maternity specific styles for the best results.
What’s on the best shapewear list
Spanx is the first brand that comes to mind when it comes to smoothing and slimming underwear so there’s a lot of Spanx shapewear on this list. Whether it’s a Spanx bodysuit, panties or even leggings, this brand has been around since 2000 and is a name people trust for finding the best tummy control shapewear.
I’m not normally a sculpting underwear person. To be honest, I hardly ever even bother with bras but as soon as I saw the pretty, sculpting, lace bodysuit I added it to my cart to give a go. I thought it’d be perfect under all of my holiday party dresses. As well as for the slinky bodycon trend for Spring 2023. The lace is also supposed to make this style more breathable and it starts at under $20 on sale, making it one of the best affordable shapewear finds on this list. It has a bottom closure, goes up to a 40DD! The only downside is that it starts at a 34 cup.
For sexier more stylish underwear, check out Honeylove. I’ve never tried Honeylove shapewear but it comes up it literally every best shapewear review. They’re also known for their comfort which is a winning combo in anyone’s books.
Skims shapewear also seems to be popping up everywhere this year. It seems to be the brand of the moment. I wasn’t impressed with their dresses (the quality felt cheap and the material was thin). However, apparently Skims shapewear is great judging from all of the reviews and that they keep selling out.
Best shapewear by category
- Best for thigh control: Miraclesuit Women’s Extra Firm Tummy-Control Shape Away™ Torsette Thigh Slimmer 2912. This is rated one of the best for thigh control and tummy control shapewear. The customer reviews are all excellent and people rave about how comfortable it is.
- Brand of the moment: Skims. They carry a range of everything from contour lift tops, to thong bodysuits and plus-size shapewear. They even have a sheer sculpt catsuit for head to toe coverage.
- Best maternity shapewear Spanx Power Mama Mid Thigh Shaper.
- Best butt shaping shapewear Spanx ‘Suit Your Fancy Booty Booster Mid-Thigh’ specifically for lifting your butt and can be worn with or without pads.
- Best affordable shapewear Inadays Tummy Control Women High Waisted Butt Lifter Body Shaper is under $20 and has all 5 star reviews!
- Most stylish shapewear: Honeylove shapewear. It’s one of the more stylish brands, they have some sexy briefs, thongs that I’m tempted to get and bundles which save you a ton of money.
- Best tummy control for your lower belly pooch and helping slim your waist Spanx Super High Power Shorts.
- Best mid thigh bodysuit for smoothing thighs: Honeylove Super Power Mid Thigh Bodysuit.
- Best back smoothing bra with comfortable underwire Leonisa Back Smoothing Bra.
- Best shapewear for dresses Spanx Suit Your Fancy bodysuit with it’s smooth satin finish.
- Best high waisted thong for no VPL Yummi high waisted pants.
Shop the best shapewear edit
These are the women’s sculpting, slimming and supportive pieces that kept coming up again and again in best shapewear reviews. As well as the most top rated in customer reviews. From more luxurious brands to the best affordable shapewear starting at under $20, these are the sculpting lingerie pieces that promise to deliver.
With a focus on solving wardrobe woes, the SPANX brand has grown to offer bras, underwear, leggings, active and more.Spanx
More Underwear, Spanx & Bodysuit Reviews
Everything you need to know about Spanx and VPL free wardrobe basics.