Last Updated on September 13, 2022 by Eve Dawes
So cozy & so on trend for FW2022-2023. These are the cutest thigh high socks to wear right now & 14 ways to style them
Thigh high socks, over the knee socks and knee high socks were everywhere this Summer and are set to stay in fashion for Fall Winter 2022-2023. Which means we can keep our cute mini’s and coord sets on rotation a bit longer. I’m loving this trend not just for its fun aesthetic which reminds me of the 90’s when I’d wear them on repeat but also for their practicality. If you’re spray tan’s wearing off pop them on, if you missed a patch shaving pop them on, if you’re cold pop them on, you get the gist! Whether they’re white, colorful or black thigh high socks, they’re right on trend. If you’re stuck for how to wear them, keep reading for celebrity and runway inspired thigh high socks outfits.
This post contains affiliate links.
View this post on Instagram
Knee high socks are the hottest trend for Fall/Winter here’s the best of them
Celebs and designers having been showing this trend all year. From both black and white knee high socks at Miu Miu’s Winter show to Dior’s embellished styles with some styling that takes more confidence to pull off.
It doesn’t matter what length you go for, as long as they’re long. You can style them with pretty much all of your shoes and outfits that you’d normally wear tights or bare legs with. That’s why they’re so popular, they’re so versatile
This look is probably one of my favorite ways to style black over the knee socks. A simple crop top and skirt coord set and a bright blazer is easy to keep casual or dress up with heels and accessories.
The knee high and thigh high socks we’re shopping for this season
Since this is another winter trend I’m fully embracing, I’ve ordered a couple of pairs of black over the knee socks to keep on rotation. It doesn’t get that cold here in Vegas so it’s a trend I can wear with my mini skirts, dresses, shorts for most of the year and then with sweater dresses or a long coat when it gets colder.
It’s such an easy trend to adopt as it’s so affordable, with socks starting at $4. Although Versace has a super feminine Greca-pattern semi-sheer pair (on sale) and Gucci have some super pretty gold lamé GG ones that might be worth pushing the boat out for.
The most decadent and stunning pair are Miu Miu’s knee-high crystal embellished socks which at $2600 are more expensive than most of the shoes in my closet. So I’ll just be admiring those from afar.
Here’s the best thigh high socks I found on my search for the perfect pair from designer to under $5. I’ll update this post with some more photos and styling inspo once mine come in. Some of these would make great stocking stuffers, no pun intended!
Shop the trend:
How to wear knee high and thigh high socks
This look can quickly turn into cosplay rather than fashion so take some styling inspo from the celebrities like Bella Hadid who does it best. Here’s 14 thigh high socks outfits for some styling inspo to get the most wear out of yours.
- Wear your thigh high socks with mini skirts and loafers for the preppy aesthetic that’s so in for FW 2022-2023. Flats keep this look casual and comfy for everyday.
- Cotton lycra is more on trend than sheer iterations. The trend is over the knee socks not so much stockings or suspenders.
- For extra warmth, layer them under sheer black tights with ankle boots, black shorts and a sweater.
- With a coordinating mini sweater dress and trench coat which is probably how I’ll style mine.
- For a 90’s thigh high socks outfit style them with pleated or velvet skirts and a button down shirt or baby tee. White, black or over the knee socks with stripes at the top work well for this look.
- For a more chic look, style your thigh high socks with a fitted matching skirt or shorts suit.
- Wear them whenever you’d normally wear tights.
- For a sexier date night look, take styling inspo from Bella Hadid and wear them with stiletto pumps. I’ll be trying this look too.
- These socks go with pretty much any shoe but sneakers are a comfortable way to dress down this trend for the day.
- For Winter layer them under long boots and a long line jacket.
- Take styling inspo from Miu Miu and wear your white knee high socks with a white mini skirt and white polo shirt.
- For more of a fashion risk, try them under sheer dresses for extra warmth as seen at Dior Fall 2022 show.
- With a crop top, mini skirt and blazer.
- With Mary Jane heels, a skirt suit and t-shirt.