Get on this stylish trend! The leather dresses trending now & how to style them.
Leather dresses are a big part of 2023 leather trend. From biker jackets to head to toe leather, it’s a warm and practical trend to jump on. Leather dresses are more wearable than you probably think and can be as chic or sexy as you want them to be with the pieces you wear and how they’re styled. I’ve been eyeing quite a few faux leather mini dresses from Dundas and Lemarque. The corset style black leather dress from Dundas has nearly 60% off and would be stunning for a sleek and stylish evening look. Pink or red leather dresses are also another way to wear this style for a change from black and are trending colors for 2023.
This post contains affiliate links and gifted items.
View this post on Instagram
Are leather dresses in style for 2023?
Leather dresses are most definitely in style for 2023. As seen at Alaïa, Ambush and Courrèges Fall Winter 2022-2023 runways shows to name a few. As well as at the Spring Summer 2023 shows. For a look that works IRL, go for elegant leather dresses like the ones seen at Alexander McQueen, Khaite, Chanel and Bottega Veneta.
These sleek styles strike the perfect balance between edgy and feminine and work in both real and vegan faux leather.
This post contains affiliate links.
The styles on my wishlist right now
These are some of the styles on my wishlist with colors that work for all seasons. I ended up ordering the Lamarque black strapless dress but Dundas and Karen Millen black leather dresses were also at the top of my list and both of those are on sale.
Dundas is such a hot brand right now, their styles always sell out fast. I’m more of a mini dress than midi or maxi girl as I’m so short. So if I go for the Dundas dress I’ve probably have it taken up. Whereas Karen Millen is a classic I know fits me like a glove and her quality is always consistent.
I’m also tempted by the pretty pink styles like this mini (above) for earlier in Fall to get the leather trend worked into my wardrobe while keeping it fresh and light.
Long Sleeve Leather Mini Dress
This dress is on sale right now and the button down, looser style is flattering and works for work or going out. It’s unlined which makes it an ideal lighter style for Fall & Spring.
Best Value Vegan Leather Mini Dress
This faux leather black mini is one of those styles that is simple but sexy. It’s also under $120 and doesn’t need dry cleaning.
Shop the leather dresses trending now
Here are the styles on my wishlist right now including vegan faux leather dresses as well as actual leather. They both tend to need hand washing or dry cleaning but faux leather is often more affordable. This is the dress I have, so I’ll add pics and details on the fit when it arrives.
5 Ways To Style A Leather Dress
Styling a leather dress year round is easier than you might think. Ok, maybe skip them on super hot summer days unless you want to end up as a puddle but for the most part they can be styled from edgy to chic.
The leather dress trend might sound a bit daunting but with the right cut and styling they can work for pretty much any occasion from the office to date night but maybe skip them for weddings.
If you’re looking for ways to wear leather dresses that are more demure than dominatrix, here’s 5 ways to style them and keep them on rotation all year not just for Fall and winter:
- Style them over shirts and with pumps, ankle boots or knee high boots for Fall and Winter. Thigh high boots can look stunning with leather mini dresses but can quickly take the look into trashy territory. So be careful with the boot texture and cut of the dress if you’re styling OTK boots with them.
- For Winter add a roll neck and tights underneath leather mini dresses for extra warmth.
- Let your dress be the statement piece and go for minimal jewelry and accessories like small gold hoop earrings, a gold chain bracelet and gold watch.
- Add matching leather bags and boots for a chic on trend leather on leather monochromatic look that’s in style for 2023.
- Go for lighter leather fabrics and colors in Spring Summer that won’t break you out in a sweat. Style them with light colored loafers or slides to keep the look light and fresh.
For more fashion and style, sale drops and behind the scenes.
More ways to wear and style the leather trend
- 11 Ways to Style Leather Pants & The 25 Best Pairs to Wear Now
- 6 Stunning Leather Skirt Outfit Ideas | Stylish Looks for All Occasions
- The Best Faux Leather Shorts From Designer to Under $100 To Instantly Elevate Your Fall Wardrobe
- How to Wear Leather Joggers | 11 Ways to Style Leather & Faux Leather Joggers Outfits
- What to wear with faux leather pants