OOTD Womens Leather Pants Outfit Ideas & Styling Tips For All Occasions
How to style leather pants for 2023 from everyday casual to effortlessly sophisticated. Plus the 25 best leather pants to wear right now. Leather pants or joggers might not have been on your wardrobe everyday basics list before but let me tell you why once you own them, you’ll always own a pair or 3! Whether they’re real, faux or vegan leather, black or beige. Neutral or black women’s leather pants outfits are a versatile style that can be anything from impeccably chic to rock-chic. They can be dressed up or down and are a lot more comfortable than skinny jeans. I throw my black leather pants on with everything from sneakers and a white tee to pumps and a blazer.
This post contains affiliate links.
How to style womens leather pants 2023
I’d originally done ’11 ways to style women’s leather pants and joggers‘ from casual to workwear to date night last year. They’re my go-to ways to style them for all occasions and to make them work from season to season to get the most *CPW. Which is why I ended up getting fitted leather pants and updating this to ’27 ways to style leather pants’.
After seeing how much wear I got out of my joggers, I ordered a more fitted and dressy pair of high waisted skinny leather pants. I’d originally rented them from Fashionpass (use code EVE15 for $30 off) but ended up buying them as I loved the fit, feel and value.
Updated* 27 Ways to Wear Leather Pants for FW 2023
After seeing how popular my leather joggers styling video was I figured I do an update with 27 ways to style leather pants that are more fitted. With some new OOTD women’s leather pants outfit ideas and styling tips.
- Style your leather pants in 2023 with mules and a blazer for an outfit that works to take you from work to cocktails.
- With pumps, a button down shirt or white tee and blazer
- Head to toe leather – this is right on trend for 2023. It works better with a leather top and leather pants. As a leather jacket and leather pants can look a bit too much and can turn the look to biker territory really quickly.
- A monochromatic black leather pants outfit creates a flattering look that makes you look taller and leaner. It doesn’t have to be black, this look works well with all colors of leather pants.
- Style your fitted leather pants with a sweater dress and knee high or OTK boots. Make sure they’re fitted as baggy pants do not work for this look.
- Create a sexy women’s leather pants outfit for going out with a feather top and leather trousers.
- Style your favorite crop top, with a blazer and pointy stiletto heels for a stylish cocktail or dinner outfit.
- Lug sole boots or combat boots are both in and styled with a white tank top or vintage T and bomber jacket is another on trend look for 2023.
- For a more casual leather pants outfit, wear them with a denim jacket. Black denim looks more coordinated versus light wash denim for a more relaxed and casual look.
- Crop tops are in so style yours with a duster cardigan for cooler days for an everyday look.
- Preppy looks are in, create yours with a button down shirt and ankle boots under the pants.
- For cozy chic look, style them with a faux fur cozy bomber jacket and pumps.
- To add interest or break up a monochromatic women’s leather pants outfit, wear them with patterned heels.
- Another preppy look, style your trousers with a pair of trending loafers and a button down shirt to nail the preppy trend this season.
- Add a pop of color with a brightly colored sweater or blazer like a trending blue, green or bright pink.
How to style leather pants 2023 for the day
The reason I love leather pants so much is that they’re basically a neutral style that’s incredibly versatile. Especially if you order a black or beige pair. I have black faux leather joggers but just got a straight leg pair (photo above) as I know how much I wear the joggers.
Women’s leather pants outfits for all occasions
Style your women’s leather pants with a turtle neck sweater, crisp white tee or crop top and oversized blazer for the day. Black leather pants outfits look more chic than jeans and sneakers.
When it comes to which shoes to wear with them, sneakers, boots, flats or heels all tend to look good with them.
Styling tip: If you’re wearing boots with them, make sure they’re fitted leather pants so there’s not excess material billowing over the top.
Wide leg leather pants are right on trend for 2023 and create a laid back chic look with sneakers or slides.
How to dress up leather pants
I love leather pants for the evening with a pair of killer heels, blazer and gold jewelry. If you’ve been wearing them with a crop top in the day, just add heels for the night and you’re good to go.
If you’ve been wearing them to work with a crisp button down shirt and blazer, just lose the blazer and undo an extra button.
Are real or faux leather pants better
That comes down to personal choice. Obviously faux or vegan leather pants are cruelty free. Another bonus to faux leather is that it tends to be cheaper and easier to wash than real leather which is often dry clean only.
I’ve thrown my faux leather joggers in the washing machine over and over again and they always come out perfectly. They also don’t need ironing which is a major plus!
The best leather pants for 2023
These leather pants will have all of your friends wanting them. Luxe real leather pants from your favorite designers, vegan leather, wide leg and sleek black leather pants that once they’re in your wardrobe rotation will always be.
Shop the 25 best leather pants for 2023
Revolve has some great pairs, both real and vegan that are a bit different. Including a snake print starting at under $70. If you’re petite, look for ankle length styles or joggers as the cuffs stop them dragging on the floor.
Follow for more daily fashion, trend updates, sale alerts and fun with my fur babies.
*CPW cost per wear.