Last Updated on August 20, 2023 by Eve Dawes
Bicester village is famous for it’s designer outlet stores. Bicester Village tips: everything you need to know before you go
Bicester Village popped up on my Instagram feed a while back but there are definitely some Bicester Village tips you need to know before you go. As soon as I saw the photos I immediately wanted to go to designer outlet shopping in this Oxfordshire location on my next trip back to the UK. This premium outlet village knows how to do persuasive social media marketing. Photos and reels of a Veuve truck and garden, designer sale finds, pretty florals and luxury shopping experiences won me over. So on a rainy July day in England my sister and I headed off to explore. Here’s what you need to know including the best day to visit Bicester Village and best shops at Bicester Village to save big at.
My sisters been lots of times but this was my first visit. It’s always nice to go with someone who knows the lay of the land but if you don’t keep reading. I’m sharing my top tips for making the most of your day at Bicester Village shops.
Bicester Village tips
Some of the stores recommend booking appointments in advance to avoid the lines. Definitely do so if you can. Stores like Dior and Gucci often have long lines outside which makes for a less crammed shopping experience inside but isn’t so fun on a cold day if you’re lining up outside. Try to avoid weekends and holidays. The best day to visit Bicester Village is on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Download the app before you go. You can then scan it in stores when you make a purchase to earn points.*
- Try to avoid the weekends to avoid the crowds.
- Get there early! The later in the day you go, the longer the lines.
- If you go on a weekday or holiday consider booking one of Bicester Village’s shopping experiences which includes priority parking.
- If you’re planning on doing a lot of shopping book one of their hands-free shopping experiences.
- Check the weather before you go. It tends to be a few degrees cooler than London and it’s open air.
- Customized Veuve or Moet & Chandon bottle cases make for great Christmas or Birthday gifts.
- Dior, Prada and Versace had some of the best sale prices out of all of the designer stores when we went.
- Leave heavy and bulky bags and jackets at home. You’ll want your hands to shop!
- You can currently only buy one Dior bag per day.
- Bicester Village shops are not duty free but they do offer tax-free shipping on purchases at participating boutiques delivered to addresses outside of the UK.
- If you’re tight on time plan your visit ahead of time as there’s more than 150 boutiques.
- Book appointments for stores ahead of time to avoid standing waiting in long lines. Check their website to see which stores offer this service.
Is it worth going to Bicester outlet shops?
If you’re wanting a designer bag(s), shoes or clothes then yes. If you’re wanting more high street brands then No. A lot of the Bicester Village shops have items that are still in their full priced stores collections, not just from past collections. It also depends on where you’re coming from and the prices you normally pay at home.
For example the white Saffiano Prada bag I bought from Bicester Village was just over £1200. At the time it was still available in Harrods and Prada (UK) for £1980 and Prada.com (US) for $2600+ tax. So for me, as I’m from the US it was an even bigger saving with the current exchange rate than if you’re from the UK.
Three of the things I look for in a bag is that it can fit my phone, I try to avoid lambskin as it scratches so easily and that it has both a top handle and shoulder strap.
I’ll most definitely be back! Not just to shop but because we missed out on being able to relax in the champagne garden as it wouldn’t stop raining!
Bicester Village App
*It’s well worth downloading the Bicester Village app as points and rewards add up quickly if you’re making designer bag and shoe purchases. One of the perks from our splurge was them offering the hands-free shopping, coffee and croissants in ‘The Apartment’ which made for a more exclusive, luxury shopping experience.
I’m all about the experience when shopping. Otherwise I might as well save the time and gas/petrol and shop online. As your points rack up from spending at Bicester outlet shops, you’ll get emails for free consultations and gifts pop up in your email inbox.
Bicester Village opening times
Bicester Village opening times vary from Monday-Saturday and Sunday:
The best day to visit Bicester Village tends to be mid week to avoid people on long weekend breaks.
They do such a gorgeous job with their decor, displays and floral arrangements throughout Bicester Village.
How to get to Bicester Village outlet shops
Bicester Village is located at 50 Pingle Drive, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD. You can get there by car and there’s a decent amount of parking. If you’re traveling from London, there’s a train that goes from Marylebone that takes less than an hour.