Hailey Bieber just wore this usual hair trend & I’m here for it!
Hair bows were all over Chanel’s Fall Winter 2021 2022 fashion show so it was only a matter of time before the fashion squad jumped all over it. Case in point, Hailey Bieber showing us how to wear a velvet black hair bow clip and not look like a 5 year old. Hair bows might be one of the more unusual hair trends for Winter 2021/2022 but I’m totally here for it! Whether it’s a giant bow, long ribbon, or mini bows, try one of these celeb or fashion show styles to keep it chic, on trend, and to serve fashion rather than playground looks.
Celebrity crush | Hair bow trend Winter 2021-2022
Forget babies, Hailey Bieber and Chanel make this trend elegant and fashion forward.
How to style a hair bow as an adult
This look can be as glam or as laid back as you want but a black velvet hair bow is always going to be feminine. Keep your outfit sleek and womanly rather than too voluminous or youthful for this style to avoid looking like a kid. This Fall / Winter its black velvet bows, both long and mini that are on trend for a more polished, grown up look.
How to style hair bows for adults
- Copy Hailey Bieber and tie or slip a bow hair clip into the top of a high sleek ponytail.
- Tie into the bottom of a braid.
- Slide it into a braid at the nape of your neck instead of the bottom if you find it falls out of the bottom or have fine hair.
- Clip into a reverse braid as seen at Chanel (above).
- Do a sleek high ponytail, create bobbles along the length of the hair with clear hair elastics and tie a mini bow to cover each hair elastic like Tessa Thompson (photo below).
- Slide into the back of a half up, half down style (scroll down).
“The hair bow today most commonly projects ideas of innocence linked to children and a concept of femininity as linked to qualities of gentleness, softness and compliance.”— The University of Sydney
Shop the look
Whether your black velvet hair bow is a scrunchie or clip in, it’s one of the most affordable trends for 2021 to jump on. It’s also perfect for the holiday season and hiding hair elastics.