The best flattering swimsuits & most elegant styles to wear this Summer
The most flattering swimsuits and swimwear for 2022 are no longer just for women of a certain age or frumpy designs. They’re sexy, chic, fashion forward and made in the most flattering materials and I’m not talking Spanx. These women’s one piece flattering swimsuits are from all of my favorite stores and brands like Moschino, Norma Kamali, River Island, Revolve and Summersalt. Add some slides, gold jewelry and this seasons tote for a stylish poolside or beach look for Summer 2022. I love finding cute flattering one piece swimsuits as I feel so much more confident in them than bikinis. They’re also super easy to throw shorts over and wear as a bodysuit or to grab lunch on vacation.
This most flattering one piece swimwear post contains affiliate links. Some of these swimsuits were gifted but all opinions are my own.
What is the most flattering swimsuit?
Consider these 11 things to look for below to ensure the most flattering swimsuit. Yes, you can look for swimwear that offers support and compression like Summersalt (use code EVEJS10 for $10 off) but these few tricks are also super helpful and none involve wearing spanx under your swimwear.
11 things to look for to ensure the most flattering swimsuit
- Look for more matte materials. Shiny lycra tends to be less forgiving unless it’s metallic black.
- Look for darker color swimsuits. White and pastels are super pretty but harder to pull off. With the added advantage that they’re less likely to be see through especially when wet!
- Belted one piece swimsuits create a waist line and shape. Plus chain belts are in style for 2022.
- Make sure it fits you. It sounds obvious but make sure it’s not too big or too small for the most flattering fit. Especially if it’s a compression swimsuit. If it’s too big it’s not going to offer as much compression, if it’s too small it’s not going to be comfortable.
- Look for details that highlight your best features e.g crystals or ruffles around the bust.
- Ruffle cap sleeves are super cute if you’re self conscious about your upper arms.
- Diagonal lines are more flattering than horizontal lines.
- Colorblocking is great for slimming with a lighter color on top and darker color from the ribs down.
- Supportive material like tummy control and underwiring are great for comfort, support and added confidence.
- Strategic coverage. Think cap sleeves and a bust line that makes you feel your best.
- Look for high cut styles to make your legs look longer for the most flattering swimsuits.
The best 1 piece swimsuits often check a lot of these 11 boxes.
25 Most Flattering Swimsuits For 2022
The most flattering swimsuits for 2022. From ruffles to strategic cut outs, blacks to bright swimsuits to make you feel confidently beautiful. I ordered 5 different swimsuits from Revolve swimwear and 1 from Moschino (photos and videos below).
Apparently, everyone else is stocking up early too as some of these are selling out fast so get in while you can. Although Revolve are pretty good about restocking.
Shop the most flattering swimsuits
Some of these styles run up to a size 26 and have tummy control for an extra flattering fit.
Revolve swimwear haul and review | Black flattering one piece swimsuits
Now that we’ve booked our Summer holiday, I wanted to round up and share with you the most flattering swimsuits for 2022-2023 that I found on Revolve. All of these on trend, stunning one piece swimsuits are easy to do exchanges with if the size or fit isn’t right for you as they offer free shipping and returns.
This years cute black one piece swimwear hits and misses:
Flattering Fit | Shop the best one piece swimsuits
Tory Burch Wrap One Piece Swimsuit On Sale
This flattering one piece swimwear is made from supportive 4-way stretch material (72% nylon, 28% Extralife LYCRA® Elastane), with cut-outs with supportive coverage for a flattering silhouette. The front tie and halter neck make this one of the most chic and flattering swimsuits on here. With the added bonus that it offers SPF 50 sun protection.
Shop Now On sale was
$328 now $199
Photo courtesy Tory Burch
Moschino Black Cut Out Swimsuit
This black metallic swimsuit almost looks like a bikini but it actually a cut out swimsuit that gives coverage across your stomach! If you’re looking to turn up the temperature in a glam style, this one will do it!
Camila Coelho Belted One Piece Swimsuit
The nylon spandex blend ribbed matte material of this one piece swimsuit gives just the right amount of support for comfort and practicality. The super high cut leg and detachable belt make this one sexy and flattering swimsuit.
Summersalt Compression Swimsuit
If you’re looking for a one piece swimsuit that offers compression, check out Summersalt‘s flattering swimwear collection. This blue one shoulder swimsuit with its flattering diagonal lines and compression gave me so much more confidence this Summer.
Shop Summersalt use code EVEJS10 for $10 off
The Most Chic One Piece Swimsuit
This was love at first sight for me and the chicest flattering one piece swimsuit on this list. The cap sleeves on this strapless swimsuit are removable if you want to sunbathe and get no tan lines. It has padded underwire cups to help the girls out and the high cut leg is ever so flattering.
Najib One Piece Shop now
Vix Swim Dune Corsage One Piece
The ribbed material and padded underwire cups on this cute flattering Vix swim one piece swimsuit make it perfect if you want a little help with your cleavage. What you can’t see from this photo is the sexy super low back that ties across the back. Have a look:
Photo courtesy Revolve Vix Swim
Vintage Danielle Womens One Piece Swimsuit
Another hit from We Wore What on Revolve. This low back Revolve swimsuit has thicker shoulder straps that are set wider apart so it’s great for those with broader shoulders. The detachable gold chain belt is different to the other styles and if you’re traveling can be used to belt your other outfits as well.
Sold out | Similar belted swimsuits Shop Now
More Summer Fashion
From the beach to pool, these are the summer and vacation accessories, bags and hairstyles for resort wear chic.