Stunningly chic Winter dresses from casual to cocktail
Winter dresses don’t have to mean just sweater dresses, although I’m a huge fan of them too. The styles on here are the most versatile dresses to be able to dress up or down for the office or after work parties. Whether your styles modest, classic or fashion forward. For Winter dress trends 2023 think leather, hot pink and red, maxi dresses, corsets and subtle bow details. The Valentino dress below is perfection for this. Keep reading for the best chic casual to formal winter dresses to wear this season.
This post contains affiliate links.
Shop the winter dress edit
From designer to luxe for less, everyday to formal Winter dresses, these are the most stunning styles around this season.
- Alice & Olivia black and white Tuxedo dress
- Alice & Olivia zip front pink tweed dress makes a simple tweed dress look more modern.
- ANKVAS neoprene mini dress is the most stunning structured teal bodice dress.
- You can never go wrong with a classic LBD black and gold button mini dress.
- Balmain glittery monogrammed mini dress might be a little glam for the day but I say during the festive season bring it on!
- Balmain jacquard knit mini dress is a total knock out but don’t expect to blend in in this Winter dress. This is made to be a stand out.
- For a look that says straight off the runway, Valentino‘s bright orange long sleeve dress with feather cuffs is fun, stylish and perfect for all of your holiday events.
- Assignment black and white long sleeve houndstooth mini dress is easy to dress up or down for work or cocktails. It also comes with the belt which is detachable.
9. This long sleeve pink satin dress is another mini dress that works for the day or night.
10. I started this as more of an everyday winter dress edit but got distracted by pretty things like this black leather strapless dress for under $100. It’s one of those sexy dresses you could down play for work with a white shirt underneath or a blazer, tights and boots. Then add a red lip and get rid of everything but the dress for the night.
11. Comfy casual at it’s best. Brand du jour Skims long sleeve soft lounge dress. is the dress that keeps selling out. It comes in lots of different colors and sleeve lengths.
12. Black blazer dresses are a classic option for Winter dresses and especially the office. Express has some really good sales on right now and this dress is in it for just over $100.
13. Off the shoulder denim maxi dress works for all seasons with some clever layering and the length is right on trend. When you think denim you think casual Winter dress but this is a style that can easily be dressed up or down
14. This formal winter dress is such a classic ivory midi that would work for pretty much every season. It’s cut for a flatteringly slim fit and such an ultra chic look.
15. Valentino crepe neck dress in the hottest color of the year, fuchsia works for pretty much every occasion.
16. Reformation‘s relaxed high neck, long sleeve mini dress is perfect for the holiday season and layering with tights and boots.
17. Classic style Valentino little black dress with an elegant and on trend bow detail.
18. The ALLTAA illusion midi dress is probably the most interesting winter dress on here. This black winter outfit looks like a ribbed knit sweater and leather skirt but is actually a dress. It’s probably the most perfect winter outfit for the office on here.
19. Dior black and white houndstooth dress is a classic but statement dress you can wear year after year.
20. Black sleeveless blazer dresses are ideal for layering over shirts or wearing on it’s own if you run hot. It’s a style you can wear year after year without worrying about it being out of style.
More Winter fashion
The winter dresses and winter trends to update your wardrobe this season.