Everything You Need to Know About This Fashion Insiders Favorite
Chanel 19 bag review, it might be one of the hottest luxury bag styles since its launch in 2019 but is it worth it? This quilted Chanel bag is an updated version of the brands classic 2.55 bag but with a more substantial chain strap, oversized double CC lock and softer, slouchier structure. Here’s my full review and everything you need to know about this black lambskin Chanel 19 bag including the various flap bag sizes, current Chanel 19 bag prices and if it’s worth it.
This post contains affiliate links.
Complete Guide to The Hottest Bag Style | Chanel 19 Most Asked Questions
I’m answering all of the most asked questions about the Chanel 19 bag in the video and blog below. Including ones that aren’t answered on the Chanel website. If you have a question I haven’t answered, drop me a message on Instagram so I can get back to you.
Chanel 19 review
Chanel 19 is the quilted black bag with 3 different color metal chains but are they worth it? I filmed the start of this 2 years ago and just came back to change the ending as my opinion changed after actually using the bag in real life. Here’s everything you need to know before buying the Chanel 19 handbag.
- What’s the material like?
- How do they wear?
- Why’s it called Chanel 19?
- What size is this Chanel 19 bag? The one in this video is the classic size Chanel 19 bag (some people call it small others call it medium) with dimensions: 10.1” W x 6.2” H x 3.5” D (some people call this the medium).
- Why buy the Chanel 19 bag – Pros
- Chanel 19 bag cons
What sizes does the Chanel 19 flap bag come in?
There are 4 Chanel 19 flap bag sizes at the moment: waist bag, classic (some people call it small, some call it medium), large and maxi. The small bag is 6.2″ x 10″ x 3.5″ so it’s plenty big enough for your wallet, phone, keys and lipstick.
Because of the metal straps, which are substantial, it’s a little heavier than the classic flap bag but the leather at the top of the shoulder strap means there are no chains digging in.
I like the smaller bags but this is more practical and a great size for going from day to night. It can also be worn as a shoulder bag or top handle bag. The larger ones were too big for my frame or to be able to use as an evening bag.
Measurements are L x H x D and in inches.
- Chanel 19 belt bag sizing varies from measures 7-9″ X 4.5-5.25″ X 2-2.5″ and the strap measures 38-39″ depending on the style and material.
- The classic Chanel 19 small bag measures 6.2″ x 10″ x 3.5″
- The Chanel 19 large bag measures 7.8″ X 11.7″ X 3.9″
- The Chanel 19 maxi bag measures 9.8″ x 14″ X 4.3″
How much is a Chanel 19?
This flap bag comes in 4 sizes and at the time of writing this (2022) the Chanel 19 bag prices are:
- Chanel 19 belt bag is no longer available in boutiques but the Chanel 19 waist bag is available pre-loved and range from $1995-$3295.
- Chanel 19 small bag $5,700
- Chanel 19 large bag $6300
- Chanel maxi bag $6900
Is the Chanel 19 bag worth it?
At the end of the day, Chanel’s a luxury brand so that’s a personal opinion. All Chanel bags are excellent quality and the price reflects that. However, when you go for a lambskin bag, factor in that it’ll scratch and wear more easily than calfskin, goatskin or bull skin leather. They have also been doing price increases this year putting the cost up quite significantly. So personally I don’t think this bag style is worth it and prefer calfskin.
What materials does the Chanel 19 flap bag come in?
The Chanel 19 flap bag comes in several different finishes including calfskin, tweed and fabric but the medium version (pictured) is lambskin. It’s not currently available in goatskin in boutiques (2021) but you can find them on Fashionphile. For a more durable Chanel 19 bag go for goatskin, calfskin, sequins or denim.
Will Chanel 19 become a classic?
This is debatable. I personally think the black leather version has more of a chance of becoming a classic than a more colorful, fabric version, as its not so fashion forward with its shape, material and or a color that will date.
However, other versions like the tweed, metallic or material ones are more likely to date than become classics as the material and prints will come in and out of style.
The chunky chain is the only thing that might date the black version of this bag but as you can see from the photos, the chains really not that thick. So I don’t think it’ll go out of style anytime soon.
Is the Chanel 19 bag still popular?
Yes! Just look at fashion bloggers, celebrities and influencers and you’ll see this style in all sizes and colors is still popular and trending. I really wanted the pink one but it had sold out and I was told at the Chanel boutique they wouldn’t be bringing back that exact version of the bag.
For more daily fashion and style, OOTD inspo and sale alerts.
More designer bag reviews & Chanel
- Is the Chanel Mini Flap Bag Size Practical For Everyday
- The Only Chanel Vanity Case Review & Care Guide You Need to Read
- Chanel Vanity Case Bag Review | Know Before You Buy!
- Hermes Picotin Lock bag complete guide & review
- Is the Chanel chain belt worth the investment – My honest review
- 12 Chic Ways To Wear a Chanel Belt