Stunning styles for the best dressed Fall Wedding guest 2022 from luxe to luxe for less
Fall wedding guest dresses 2022 are elegant and the most fashion forward looks for Fall weddings in 2022 are all here. If you’re wondering what dresses to wear for a Fall wedding, I have you covered. This years Fall fashion color trends are brighter, full of rich jewel tones and more fun. If you’re looking for an outdoor fall wedding guest dress, luckily blazers of all lengths are in fashion for cooler or outdoor wedding ceremonies. As are long line coats and jackets. I’ve included both sleeveless and sleeved Fall wedding guest dresses from chiffon to satin wedding guest dresses. Along with some blazers and outerwear so you can find the right Autumn wedding guest dress for you to create your perfect look.
This post contains affiliate links.
I hunted down the best choices for fall wedding guest dresses for Autumn nuptials. From all of the new season Fall wedding guest dresses for 2022 from trending designers with styles for all dress codes. As always, there’s looks from designer to high street in this Autumn wedding guest dress edit and a wide variety whatever your personal style.
Fall wedding guest dresses 2022 | What dresses to wear to a Fall wedding
What dresses to wear for a Fall wedding can be tricky as the weather can be unpredictable. Not to worry, I’m sharing the best ways to layer up as well as the best dresses.
2022 Fall Wedding Guest Dress and Outfit Trends
The Fall wedding guest trends for 2022 include cut outs, matching coord sets and structured styles. Women’s Fall wedding season attire doesn’t have to be predictable neutrals and darker Autumnal colors. This years bright color trends make wedding guest dresses more fun and vibrant whatever the season. With pinks of any shade, red, green, royal blue and lavender taking center stage.
I’ve hand picked styles that work for all dress codes. Whether you’re looking for floor-length gowns for a black tie affair like the satin wedding guest dress above, outdoor fall wedding guest dresses, knee lengths, or more casual wedding dresses.
Now’s the perfect time to shop for Fall wedding guest dresses and cooler temperatures so you have time to do exchanges and plan your whole look. I’ll keep updating this as the dresses keep selling out. As there’s nothing more frustrating than wasting time clicking on links to sold out styles you’ve fallen in love with.
25 best designer Fall wedding guest dresses 2022 you’ll want to wear again and again over $400 | Shop the edit
A lot of these designer Fall wedding guest dresses and outfits will work as outdoor fall wedding guest dresses and for Winter as well. Layer with a pair of stockings and close toe pumps or boots and a Winter coat. These are my top picks for Fall wedding guest attire from my favorite designers including Valentin, Bronx and Banco, Cult Gaia, and the most stunning Zimmermann long puff sleeve dress.
- For those who love bold colors: I’ve been lusting over this 4D Givenchy logo sleeveless dress in red that’s easy to layer with on cooler Fall days.
- Vintage aesthetic : Gucci ultra feminine and fitted pink satin wedding guest dress is elegant and has padded cups perfect for colder days.
- Chic fashionistas: If you’re looking for a fashion forward black tie attire wedding guest dress, this Vivienne Westwood corset gown is it. This would also be perfect for Winter wedding guest dress.
- Ultra femme: Make an entrance in this formal tulle gown which also comes in other colors. The most fabulous, etherial tulle dress for Fall wedding guests in this Falls hottest colors.
- Romantic elegance: A stunning, long sleeve, floral wedding guest dress from Zimmermann for those looking for a mini fall wedding guest dress with sleeves.
- Belle of the ball: This violet lace and tulle midi dress is so beautiful and just the right amount of elegant with sexy to be Fall wedding attire appropriate.
- Speak now: This long sleeve pink midi dress is beautifully structured with its padded shoulders and fitted cut. It’s from trending designer Zhivago whose price point is a lot more affordable than most.
- Statement makers: This structured black midi dress is so beautifully designed. The waist detailing, 1/2 length cap sleeves and leg slit make this a complete knock out. The perfect Autumn wedding guest dress if there’s an ex at the wedding!
- Playful vibes: This fit and flare floral Zimmermann dress looks elegant and is made for dancing. The floral print and colors are perfect for Fall wedding attire.
- Bright & Flowing: A stunning and flowing orange chiffon maxi Fall wedding guest dress that can be worn with sandals or under knee high boots for colder days.
- Effortless chic: An emerald green, long sleeve, satin wedding guest dress from Alberta Ferretti new season.
- Cult Status: This Cult Gaia blue feather mini dress with a shorter hemline is my absolute favorite of these dresses. The color, plunging neckline and feathers make this pure poetry to me and is made for the dance floor.
- Boho babes: Bronx and Banco is having more than a moment in 2022 and this fit and flare, plunging, green paisley mini dress for Fall with long sleeves is stunning. This is a Fall wedding guest dress for 2022 that will definitely get worn on repeat.
- Its Versace: This hot pink knit sleeveless Versace column midi dress is statement making and on trend. There’s nothing like wearing pink to feel feminine and confident.
- Whimsical mini: This sparkly aqua blue (comes in more colors) long sleeve chiffon mini dress is so pretty and delicate. This dress is made for parties and Autumn wedding guest dresses! The belt is removable if you want to add your own.
- Dress to impress: In this structured red strapless dress. The gown is a show stopper and perfect for black tie and formal wedding guest dress codes.
25 Best Fall wedding guest dresses 2022 under $400
These gorgeous dresses to wear to a Fall wedding for 2022 are feminine, on trend and great value for money. I love the fall wedding guest dresses with sleeves and in heavier fabrics as I’m always cold. Plus it means not worrying about how arms look in photos.
Most of these styles are from online stores that offer free shipping and returns. They’re the best Fall wedding guest dresses for under $400 with great options for indoor and outdoor weddings and this time of year.
Fall doesn’t mean having to wear darker colors. A brighter color looks beautiful on a grey Autumn day. Just layer accordingly for the weather.
Shop the fall wedding guest dresses from $200 – $400
A lot of these Autumn wedding guest dresses are pre order, as dresses that were available were selling out too quickly to keep up with. I’m updating this weekly so if you find something sold out check back in a couple of days and I’ll probably have updated the list.
Mid-range trending Fall Wedding guest dresses 2022 that don’t break the bank
- This Michael Costello lavender/periwinkle strapless midi dress is perfection. It’s feminine, sexy, elegant and the midi length is ‘the’ trending length for Fall 2022. I just got mine and the sizing runs slightly small so def consider sizing up or ordering 2 sizes and returning one. The material almost has a slight waffle texture to it and is a little sparkly which you can’t tell from their photos. The best part of this dress is that it’s beautifully boned and stays up really well. It’s also flattering on the booty.
- Made for dancing and parties, this sparkling and feather hem dress would also be perfect for holiday parties. If you want to make a dramatic entrance and style statement this is the dress. Sizing runs big so size down 1-2 sizes and take care when using the bathroom with all of the feathers!
- The Diana Gown: This plum one shoulder dress is one of Revolves best sellers and it comes in lots of colors and lengths. It’s an elegant and flattering style with thicker material that’s perfect for both Winter or Fall wedding guest dresses.
- Give me all the volume! This très chic long sleeve body conscious midi dress isn’t just another satin dress, it has gorgeous voluminous puff sleeves and flattering ruched waist. It’s an uber femme pale pink dress that I’d be slathering on the self tanner to wear but a totally lust worthy style. I’d probably end up choosing this, No. 1 or 19 if I was going to a Fall wedding. The long sleeves would make this ideal for an outdoor fall wedding guest dress.
- Self Portrait has some of the best lace wedding guest dresses for 2022 and this pretty blue dress with its sweet silhouette is elegant and flattering.
- Less is more in this simple but elegant, fuchsia satin, cap sleeve midi dress.
- Red, long sleeves, maxi…everything you need on colder days from a Fall wedding guest dress. It’s a gorgeous flame red with a flattering belted waist.
- Sultry, slinky and feminine, this emerald green, long sleeve maxi dress is so pretty. The belted waist and color are what made me fall in love with this style.
- NEW IN: Cinq A Sept. This color is so perfect for Fall! Its stunning and the draping and side ruched detail is heavenly for an Autumn wedding guest dress. Adds to cart…
- Power dressing: this hot pink blazer cape dress is so structured yet feminine. It’s not the color for those who like to blend in, it’s a total stand out piece that would look gorgeous styled with gold jewelry and nude pumps.
- This halterneck black dress is anything but basic. Elegant, chic and easy to dress up or down depending on the dress code.
- Another Fall wedding guest dress with sleeves for the cooler months. Elliatt has been coming through with the dresses this year and this high low hem and high neckline is church wedding appropriate. It’s so beautifully cut and feminine. Plus the smocked waist is really flattering.
- Best Seller: This knockout red dress is such a beautiful bright color for Fall and makes a change from the usual neutrals and dark colors. The cut is gorgeous and the straps are adjustable.
- This red and pink floral mini dress is one of Revolves best sellers and is giving me all the Fall fashion vibes. It’s a great fall wedding guest dresses with sleeves. The padded shoulders are perfection.
- Fall Perfect: one of the most elegant and fall inspired styles of these Fall wedding guest dresses and it’s on sale. It’s perfect if you’re going to a non formal or a formal wedding. It’s a boned, strapless, floral maxi dress with a killer thigh high slit and plunging neckline.
- Bring the sunshine in this yellow chiffon, long sleeve mini dress (pictured above) from Tularosa that was made for dancing and brightening up grey Fall days. It moves beautifully and I find this style runs true to size
Luxe For Less 25 Best Fall Wedding Guest Dresses Under $200
These Fall wedding guest dresses are stunning and a great option if you know you’re only going to wear it a few times (or once) or don’t want to fork out a fortune. A lot of them would work for holiday party dresses as well. The 3 dresses I’m wearing are all on this edit too:
- Red long sleeve mini dress with pockets
- Green satin halterneck high low hem dress which also comes in Papaya orange.
- Strapless corset midi dress also comes in baby pink
Trending Fall Wedding guest dresses 2022 under $200 that don’t break the bank
- Green goddess high neck satin wedding guest dress. I love the elegant high neck on this pale green high low Fall wedding guest dress. It does need steaming or ironing before use though. I found the sizing ran true to size (wearing an XS).
- Lulus always has the most beautiful feminine dresses and is featured a lot in the Summer wedding guest edit as well. If this green satin midi dress is too plunging for you, you can always tack or pin it closed for the wedding and then repurpose it for other events like holiday parties.
- Less is more in this simple but elegant slip midi dress with adjustable straps.
- Sparkly, slinky and feminine, this silver maxi dress is so pretty. The bow details on the shoulders and belted waist are what made me fall in love with this style. Plus there’s enough room for eating and drinking bubbles and it comes in more color options.
- This color! I have a one shoulder dress in a similar color to this except mine’s shorter. Its stunning and the draping and side ruched detail is heavenly for an Autumn wedding guest dress. It also comes in more colors if this shades not for you. Adds to cart…
- Velvet, long sleeves, roll neck…everything you need on colder days from a Fall wedding guest dress. It’s also another dress in a gorgeous emerald green but this ones a mini.
- This knockout red dress (pictured above) is such a beautiful color from Fall and makes a change from the usual neutrals and dark colors. The long sleeves and high neck are gorgeous as you’d expect from Amanda Uprichard and perfect for outdoor venues.
- Lady luck. I’m obsessed with the vibrant shade of green of this dress. This satin mini/midi knee length dress is both sexy and elegant with a flattering wrap tie accent at the waist.
Fall wedding guest dresses outwear
The weather in Fall can be really hit and miss! Even if you’ve chosen an outdoor fall wedding guest dress, you’re more than likely going to need to layer up your wedding outfit with a light jacket or blazer to stay warm. Forget a boring black coat, these colorful blazers and jackets are perfect for weddings and for whatever the Autumn weather is on the day.
Shop the Fall wedding guest layers
Whether it’s a November wedding, an outdoor Fall wedding or in a colder part of the country/world, you’ll probably need something a little more heavy weight. So that you’re not limited to a turtle neck sweater dress and then having hot flashes as soon as you go inside.
Fall wedding guest dresses 2022 | Complete your look
Here are the perfect shoes, bags and statement earrings to complete your fall wedding attire.
Choosing a Wedding Guest Dress Etiquette Tips
When it comes to wedding guest dress code etiquette its ever evolving and depends on the dress code, bride and grooms preference, country and culture.
If you’re worried any of the colors are too bold or aren’t sure how formal to be just ask the bride, mother of the bride or her maid of honor. Most brides have a vision of what they want their wedding to look like.
Obviously, white is always a definite no to wear as it’s reserved for the bride in many cultures. When it comes to black, it’s a matter of preference and where the wedding is. In America black tends to be fine.
However, in England it could have been a faux pas but that’s slowly changing and it’s becoming more acceptable. If in doubt avoid black as it’s such a sombre color and reserved more for funerals and mourning in the UK.
When I got married in England back in 2008, I asked my guests to not wear black on the wedding invites as part of the dress code. It’s always easier when the bride gives you clear direction but if in doubt just ask. No one wants to feel uncomfortable or upset the bride.
I’ve spoken to a few mothers of the bride and groom and their tip was to talk to each other to make sure you’re not wearing the same or anything too similar. As well as to make sure your colors don’t clash since you’ll be stood together in a lot of the photos.
For more fashion and daily style inspiration
Follow for more daily fashion, OOTDs, trends, exclusive discount codes and sale alerts. I can’t wait to see what you wear! Tag me @glamourandgains so that I can see and share your Fall wedding attire looks.
You might also like
This weeks discount codes
IGLOVE for 15% OFF Dawes Custom Cosmetics
TULIP for 10% OFF Revolve
Eve20 for 20% OFF Wines By Lamborghini
Sarahflint-baevedawes $50 OFF Sarah Flint Shoes
glamourandgains20 for 20% OFF Edible Beauty
balance20 for 20% OFF Ayrskincare
EVED for 10% OFF LashLovinYou
Eve15 for 15% OFF ShopLC