Fashionpass VS Rent the Runway | Which is better?
Fashionpass clothing rental subscription service launched in 2016 but I just started with them so wanted to share my honest Fashionpass review. I got swayed into trying it after seeing it on Instagram and wanted something to replace my Rent the Runway subscription. So now that I’ve tried both, I thought I’d compare Fashionpass vs Rent the Runway and write a fashionpass review. As well as answer those wanting to know is Fashionpass legit and how much is Fashionpass. So you can decide which is best for you.
This post contains affiliate links.
Use code EVE15 for $15 OFF your 1st months clothing rental subscription.
- Is fashionpass legit?
- Is It worth it?
- How much is Fashionpass?
- What are my favorite and least favorite things about this monthly clothing rental subscription service?
Here are my thoughts. I’ll keep updating as new pieces arrive.
Fashionpass review | Pros & cons
Like any company, there’s normally pros and cons. Honestly, Fashionpass has a lot more pros than cons if you’re based in the US. So far, I’ve been really impressed by the speed of shipping and condition of the clothing. A lot of which have come new with the tags still on them.
- Rent as many times as you want per month for 1 clothing rental subscription price.
- 3 different monthly clothing rental subscription plans.
- Upgrade, downgrade or cancel your subscription service plan anytime.
- There is no minimum subscription service length, you are not committed to more than 1 month.
- Rent clothing, shoes and accessories to make a complete outfit.
- Free shipping both ways.
- Send your worn clothes back and they do the free drycleaning.
- Option to buy what you rent.
- Swap whenever you want as often as you want VS Rent The Runway where you are allowed a set amount per month based on your subscription.
- Free insurance so you don’t have to worry about wine spills.
- You can have your order delivered to a hotel address.
- You can pause your membership if you want to take a break rather than canceling it.
- You can gift Fashionpass membership from a little as a 1 month subscription.
- Fashionpass clothing is pretty current and on trend. With a lot of the same brands that Revolve and Nordstrom carry like Amanda Uprichard, ASTR, Bardot and Elliatt.
- Fashionpass clothing subscription service is currently only available in the US (including Alaska and Hawaii).
- You can’t tailor any rentals but if they don’t fit just ship it back. So definitely plan ahead if you have an event coming up to make sure you have enough time to do an exchange.
- You have to return all of your items together. You can’t keep one piece longer than the rest or you’re be billed for purchasing it.
How much does Fashionpass cost | Is this clothing rental subscription worth it
There are currently 3 pricing plans and different subscription services on Fashionpass:
- $79/mo for 2 clothing items and 1 accessory at a time which is the plan I’m on.
- $109/mo 3 clothing items and 2 accessories at a time.
- $139/mo 4 clothing items and 3 accessories at a time.
You can also rent additional items for $11.95 each. Each shipment comes with return packaging and the label. So you don’t have to do anything accept for drop it off at a FedEx location.
Fashionpass Vs Rent The Runway | Which is better?
Fashionpass VS Rent The RunwayMembership costs
Both Fashionpass and Rent The Runway have 3 different rental service plans. Fashionpass plans are $79-$139/mo vs Rent The Runway $89-$199/month. The difference is Fashionpass offers unlimited swaps per month compared to Rent The Runway whose plans are based around how many shipments you’re allowed per month.
You can pause or cancel both companies clothing rental subscriptions at anytime.
Fashionpass VS Rent The Runway Shipping and cleaning
Both Fashionpass and Rent The Runway offer free shipping and free dry cleaning.
Rent The Runway tends to carry more designer higher end brands at a higher price point from designers like Retrofête, Roland Mouret and Joseph. Fashionpass is more high street brands and lower value items.
Rent The Runways clothing tends to be a lot older (several seasons old), versus Fashionpass which tends to carry more current, fashion forward styles.
Which is better Fashionpass or Rent The Runway
I switched from RTR to Fashionpass as RTR weren’t adding new styles often enough so I ran out of things to rent. The styles were also a little dated for my taste.
Another big reason was that they always said my items hadn’t been returned and were billing me late fees. So every time I had to send the tracking info to show proof of delivery and that they’d signed for it and they’d apologize for the oversight and refund me. This is stressful when its thousands of dollars of clothing they’re saying hasn’t got back to them, so definitely hang onto your tracking information.
Pro Clothing Rental Subscription Tips:
I prefer to rent higher value clothing like special occasion dresses and coats. Versus tops I’d wear more than once and wardrobe basics that you’d be better off just buying.
If you decide you want to keep something, google it first and see how much it is new. A lot of the time you can find it cheaper online new on sale (especially as Rent the Runways clothes tend to be older styles). I find Fashionpasses resale prices much better and just bought this romper which looks like a mini dress.
My favorite Fashionpass clothing rentals so far
If you want to buy instead of rent, these are the dresses and similar styles to what I’ve rented so far. A lot of the styles like the satin Elliatt dress come in different colors and lengths so definitely click into the product and have a look.
An honest Fashionpass review & dress haul
Is Fashionpass legit? Here’s everything you need to know in case you prefer to watch my fashionpass review than read it. I’ll update this post with more pics when my next order arrives this week.
Fashionpass discount code
Use my code EVE15 for $15 OFF your 1st months Fashionpass clothing rental subscription.
This black bodysuit runs true to size and is a thong which means no VPL. There’s some tops like this one that count as an accessory towards your rental rather than an outfit. As all plans include a certain amount of outfits and accessories.