Find your sunglasses style for 2022
Womens sunglasses trends are an easy way to update your look from year to year. They can be such a statement piece and investment piece as they get so much wear or at least they do when you live somewhere like I do (Vegas). Besides sun protection, I love that fact they make such a fashion statement and can make an outfit more stylish as well as helping prevent crows feet! The 2022 women’s sunglasses trends are one of the trends I’m more excited about this year as they’re colorful, sparkly and glam.
This post contains affiliate links.
My favorite 2022 sunglasses trends
I’ve been trying pretty much all of the 2022 women’s sunglasses trends already; cat eye, XXL big sunglasses, crystal embellished and aviators. If you like sparkle, you have to see the latest Miu Miu sunglasses collection. This crystal adorned pair checks both the sparkly and pink tinted lens sunglasses trend. For logos, Chanels new sunglasses collection for 2022 is perfect.
Womens Sunglasses Trends 2022
The eyewear trends for 2022 are back to showing designer names and logos as much as they are about the shape and color. However, it doesn’t have to be from a luxury brand to be fashionable.
There are some great women’s Amazon sunglasses that are ideal for the beach, pool or anywhere you’re worried about them getting scratched.
10 sunglasses trends for 2022 to jump on
There were so many different sunglasses styles on all of the Spring Summer 2022 runways that there’s something for everyone this year from small to oversized sunglasses, dark tinted to colorful mirrored lenses.
If you’re looking for one of the most on trend sunglasses for 2022, my prediction is red tinted sunglasses as seen at Dior, Louis Vuitton, Giambattista Valli and Coperni 2022 Paris Fashion week, Versace SS22 Milan Fashion week and on Camille in Emily and Paris season 2. Color plays a big part in the optimistic fashion trends of 2022.
- Angular sunglasses are a big sunglasses trend for 2022. Think square, rectangular and hard edges as seen at Balmain, Richard Quinn and Dolce Gabbana Spring Summer 2022 runway shows.
- Oversized dark sunglasses as seen at Chanel, Balmain, Victoria/Toma and Ports 1961 SS 2022 fashion shows. Big sunglasses are definitely a statement piece that also offer a lots of sun protection.
- Red sunglasses as seen at Dior, Louis Vuitton, Giambattista Valli and Coperni 2022 Paris Fashion week, Versace SS22 Milan Fashion week and on Camille in Emily and Paris season 2.
- Pink tinted sunglasses as seen at Giambattista Valli, Givenchy, Dior and Lacoste.
- Logoed arms as seen at Versace, Louis Vuitton and Chanel SS22.
- Colorful mirrored lens sunglasses as seen at Isabel Marant, Rick Owens and Giambattista Valli SS22 in green, yellow and red.
- Fun details on the frame like crystals and oversized shapes (think Elton John) as seen at Louis Vuitton, Lanvin and Vivienne Westwood.
- Small sunglasses are still in for 2022 as seen at Rick Owens, Saint Laurent and Dior 2022 runway shows.
- Glamorous dark cat eye sunglasses as seen at Chanel, Alternative Views and Saint Laurent.
- Colorful aviators as seen at Isabel Marant SS22 and Louis Vuitton cruise fashion show 2022.
32 Trending sunglasses 2022 to update your look
A lot of these sunglasses brands offer virtual try-ons like on Chanel’s and Dior’s websites. Just click the image and it’ll take you to try them on. Others are from stores like Amazon with great return policies, so if they don’t work out for you just send them back.
Any one of these womens trending sunglasses for 2022 is probably the easiest way to update your look. They’re one of those statement pieces that can make an outfit look more stylish, cool, classic or retro just by the style you pick.
I have so many styles and colors on rotation to go with different outfits, especially with living in the desert where it’s pretty much sunny everyday.
I don’t have a favorite style of sunglasses or go to pair. I tend to grab whichever ones go with my outfit the most that day. Although, my glitter Jimmy Choo sunglasses were on repeat more often than not until I got my new Chanel sunglasses this Christmas. As you know how much I love sparkle and embellished glasses are one of the big sunglasses trends for 2022.
Share your summer styles with me
Share your looks with me on instagram so that I can share them on my stories #glamourandgains @glamourandgains.