Microneedling | Collagen Induction Therapy | Dermarolling
What is microneedling? How does it work? Does microneedling work? Is it a good anti-aging treatment? What does it cost? What are micro needling side effects? All of these answers are more. I had a ton of questions from all of you on my Instagram poll about Microneedling so I got the girl I personally go to for Microneedling, Licensed Aesthetician Kevini Scolari LE to answer all of your questions.
I’ve put my before and after photos below. I’m already having regrets about sharing photos without makeup but it’s the best way to show you the scarring and pores that I’m so self-conscious about and the reason I’m having Microneedling done. Besides the collagen induction and anti-aging benefits.
If you‘d rather watch the interview than listen to the podcast, just scroll down to the video. Otherwise, you can also just read this blog post.
The Microneedling questions we’re answering
What is Microneedling?
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
How much does it cost?
Is there any down time?
- What are micro needling side effects if any
How soon after microneedling can you have botox?
Can you use retinol at the same time?
Does it hurt?
Kevini answers all of these questions and more in the interview below. If you have any more questions about Microneedling, you can message me on Instagram and I’ll get Kevini to answer you.
I’m so happy I discovered this treatment. I quit botox years ago as it no longer works for me so my lines are way more obvious than they were before which really bothers me. Microneedling isn’t a botox alternative but it does have lots of benefits and is a good alternative if botox isn’t an option for you. It just won’t freeze your face or remove lines to the same extent as botox.
However, I have noticed a difference in my scar size and my sun spots seem to have disappeared. I’m on a mission to keep my face out of the sun and covered in SPF from now on to prevent them coming back. People have also complimented me on my glow and asked what I’m doing for my skin whenever I have microneedling done so there’s definitely a visible difference.
A couple of questions I didn’t get to ask in the video that I’ll mention now are:
- How long does microneedling take? About 60-90 minutes as it takes about 15- 30 minutes from the application of the numbing cream before they start microneedling.
- Is it covered by insurance? No
- Is there anyone who can’t have microneedling? If you are pregnant, have certain skin diseases, such as psoriasis or eczema, have open wounds, have had radiation therapy recently or have a history of skin scars.
- Do you have to keep doing the treatments to keep up the results? Yes, on average maintenance treatments every 6 months if needed.
Microneedling Before and After Photos
As you can see, one of the temporary micro needling side effects is redness. My face and neck was pretty red and warm immediately after microneedling for several hours. It felt like sunburn as the numbing cream wore off. I never thought I’d share photos with no makeup looking like this online but if it helps anyone, I’m happy to share.
Don’t panic, it doesn’t last long, by the time you wake up in the morning it’ll have gone down a lot.
Strangely enough, the 3rd session was when I was the reddest (pics below) but peeled the least. As the other times I’d peeled quite a lot afterwards for up to 14 days. I think I used a more intense moisturizer, more liberally this time which obviously helped.
I’ve recently tried radiofrequency microneedling too. Here’s the difference and everything you need to know.
More on anti aging skincare
If you’re into your skincare, dermatologist, aesthetician and aesthetician treatments, make sure you know how to get the most out of your botox and filler. When you’re shelling out for it, you might as well ensure you’re getting the maximum results from it.
If doing skincare treatments at home is more in your comfort zone check out my Solawave review. I’ve noticed a big difference in the fine lines around my eyes using this and there’s no downtime.
- Best Botox Alternatives | How to Get Youthful Glowing Skin
- Microneedling with RF treatment what you need to know before you go
- Best best anti aging face masks & How to get the most out of your face mask
- Custom Lipstick | Creating Your Dream Lipstick Color – The what, why & how
- An Honest Plasma Pen Fibroblast Skin Tightening Review | Before, During & After