Acai Orange Drop Vodka Martini
Martini recipes sound like a no brainer but there are so many flavors and varying amounts of calories. I love a good cocktail and vodka martini recipe (or 2 or 3) and have fun mixing away in the bar for the yummiest but lowest sugar, fat and calorie versions. Total Wines is my playground and I love finding new liquors to create cocktails with. This time is was orange vodka (well mandarin to be specific). I really love the color and taste Acai brings to things plus their health benefits so that seemed like a good place to start.
You could also easily make this an Acai lemon drop martini if you prefer lemon to orange.
How to make a skinny vodka martini recipe
Ok, so alcohol is never healthy but it’s often made worse with carbonated, chemical filled sodas, sugary juices , and dairy based mixers. So why not make the best of the worst? This skinny superfood Acai, chia, citrus martini does use alcohol but with the added goodness of Acai and chia to make it more balanced (or at least, so I tell myself!).
The Brazilian superfood Acai has been long touted as a ‘superfood’ due to them being high in anti-oxidants; more so than most other berries.
Chia Seed Benefits
Chia seeds are high in fiber and Omega-3 fats. For full details of this amazingly powerful little seed check out:
Vodka Martini Recipe | Acai Orange Vodka
- Double shot (3.0floz/89ml) Citrus or Mandarin Vodka
- Double shot (3.0floz/89ml) Acai smoothie/juice
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds. Walmart stocks them for $3: Organic Chia Seeds
Martini Recipe Directions
- Chill the martini glass with ice and water.
- Fill the martini shaker (or you can use 2 beer glasses and put one inside the other-top to top).
- Pour the acai juice and vodka into the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20-30 seconds.
- Empty the ice/water mix from the glass and fill with the martini (drain off of the ice).
- Garnish with the chia seeds and any other tropical fruit.
Valentines Day Martini
Is it really Valentine’s day without champagne? For the Valentines day edition of this martini, top with sparkling wine or champagne for a pretty purply pink pre dinner cocktail.
*Always drink responsibly and in moderation.
Skinny Acai and Orange Vodka Martini Recipe by Glamour and Gains
More healthy cocktails and recipes to try
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.