How to fake it!
Clip in bangs are the answer to every girl who has ever cut a fringe and loves them but not the maintenance. Fake bangs are the quick and easy cheat for getting bangs without cutting your hair and with zero commitment. I’ve chopped a fringe twice in my life but the trims to keep it from being in your eyes, styling it, trying to deal with it while working out or on humid windy days are a nightmare. Plus the grow up phase is hard to make look cute. If you’re worried faux bangs might look fake, read my tips below to make sure they look real (clip in bangs human hair), watch how to put them in with the clip in bangs tutorial below, the best hairdos with clip in bangs and where to get the best clip in bangs from.
How to get bangs without cutting your hair
My hairdresser was the one who introduced my to clip-in bangs made with human hair a couple of years ago. Faux bangs are such an easy way to change up your look but not have to commit to cutting your hair. There’s also some really cute updo hairdos you can do with faux bangs.
I know they’re fake but if you’re looking for clip in bangs that look real and are easy to style, make sure they’re made from real hair not synthetic hair. That way you can wash, dry and style them. Since they’re on your face, you’ll need to be able to wash them or at least spot clean your clip on bangs to get rid of any makeup and product build up that gets on them.
Benefits of real hair clip in bangs
- You don’t have to cut your own hair.
- Since fake bangs don’t grow, they don’t need trimming.
- You’re heat styling the clip in bangs not your own hair so your hair gets less heat damage around the front.
- No awkward grow out phase.
- Covers roots.
- Covers forehead wrinkles.
- A quick and easy way to change your look.
- Looks more youthful.
- Wear your faux bangs whenever you feel like and leave them out for workouts, the beach, hot days, etc.
How to put in clip in bangs
The clip in bangs I use have 3 snap clips on them. I’ve found the easiest way to put them in is to:
- Start with my hair in a center part and tying my hair back in a low pony tail.
- Then lining up the faux bangs exactly where I want them and then snapping them into place.
- Once the fake bangs are in, I take my hair out of a ponytail and either style it up or down.
Watch the video for the full clip in bangs tutorial
It’s super quick and easy to do. If the color you order’s not perfect, have your hairdresser dye and cut them match and to fit your face.
How to style clip in bangs
You can style clip in bangs exactly the same way you would real bangs. Wash, blow dry, straighten, etc. Which is why I recommend real hair versions. The difference is faux bangs don’t need trimming, unless you have the odd stray in your eyes. Plus you can choose when and when not to wear them and how long or short you wear them by where you place them.
I tend to wear mine when my roots need doing as they completely cover them or on 2nd day hair.
Easy hairdos with clip in bangs
Super cute and easy hairdos with clip in bangs. Some of these hairdos are perfect for 2nd day hair (or even 3rd) from sleek to wispy.
How do you make clip in bangs look real?
Definitely order clip in bangs made from human hair. Synthetic hair always looks too shiny and you can heat style it. Also, make sure the fake bangs you order match your hair color. My hairdresser even died some roots into mine to add dimension and make them look more realistic.
Where to get clip in bangs
Mine are by Hair Talk USA but you can’t buy from them unless you’re a hair professional. So just speak to your hairdresser about ordering them for you. Don’t worry if it’s not a 100% color match, since they’re real hair, your hairdresser can dye them and trim them to fit your face perfectly.
Shop the best clip in bangs
You can also get real human hair clip in bangs a lot cheaper from Amazon. I haven’t personally tried these ones but these are the ones available on Amazon Prime that offer free returns. If they don’t work out for you or are the wrong shade you can just return or exchange them. They all apply the same way so you can use the clip in bangs tutorial above for whichever style you order.
You might also want to order a wig head for them to keep them so they hold their shape and don’t get crushed in a drawer.
Some of them even come with the choice of thick bangs, fringe bangs or wispy bangs.
The Amazon links are affiliate links.
For more daily fashion, style, beauty tips and tricks.
More in beauty & fashion
What’s trending now and the best beauty and hair tips from the pros.
- The best hairstyles with bangs
- Claw Clips Are Back & Better Than Ever Bringing the 90’s Trends Back To Our Hair
- Fake Bake Self Tanner : How to Get The Perfect Tan Every Time
- How to Style Claw Clips | The 90s Trend We’re Obsessed With
- Hair bows are back! Here’s How to Wear Them Like Hailey Bieber Not a Kid!