Bridgerton Regency Era Makeup Gets a Modern and Fresh Update for 2021
Bridgerton makeup and beauty is feminine, fresh, natural and highlights all of your features. Daphne Bridgerton’s makeup was probably the most true of this of all of this Netflix series cast. Here’s everything you need to know about recreating this Regency era Bridgerton look and making it work in 2021 with this quick and easy Bridgerton Makeup tutorial.
What inspired Bridgerton Makeup
The Regency era saw a break from heavily powdered and made up faces and was a lot more natural. Rouge was acceptable if done delicately and subtly. The main differences between this look and the heavily contoured look of the past few years is the textures, colors and saturation.
Bridgerton Makeup is matte, very blended and uses creamy blushes. Forget long false eyelashes, unnatural shaped eyebrows, noticeable liner on the eyes and lips and think more accenting what mother nature gave you.
I love contouring my face but I’m giving this softer and more natural look a go. The added bonus is that it’s quick and easy to do.
Bridgerton Makeup | Main Characteristics of this Regency Era Inspired Look
Bridgerton Netflix is one of the most binge worthy Netflix series and sure to inspire a lot of beauty and fashion in 2021. The stylish characters, period fashion, hair, makeup and settings made Bridgerton series beautiful to watch.
This Regency era inspired look is based on the lead character Daphne Bridgerton. Think very natural, modest and super easy to do.
- A flawless natural base that’s not overly matte or cakey. Think porcelain doll.
- A natural colored cream blush. You can use your lipstick to do this by applying it as a blush (see how in the makeup tutorial below).
- Daphne Bridgerton makeup included perfectly groomed eyebrows that followed her natural shape. Full and brushed up and outwards for volume make this look.
- Black mascara and natural length lashes.
- A wash of matte neutral eyeshadow. Makeup By Mario Master Mattes eyeshadow palette is perfect for this.
- If you want to use eyeliner, opt for browns and line the inside of your upper lash line to darken the roots. If you do the bottom lash line, do it ever so lightly under your lashes to keep the eyes bright and for that wide awake look.
- For even larger looking eyes, use a nude kohl eyeliner inside your lower lash line along the water line.
- A natural colored lip balm or matte lipstick on unlined lips or very lightly lined lips just so the color doesn’t bleeds. It’s not a nude lip color but one slightly redder than your own lips.
View this post on Instagram
Bridgerton Makeup Tutorial | Regency Era Inspired Beauty
How to do Bridgerton makeup in under 10 minutes.
Daphne Bridgerton Makeup | Cruelty free beauty products used
All of these cruelty free beauty products used for this makeup tutorial are linked below the list.
- Kat Von D Primer
- Bare Minerals Foundation
- Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer
- Beauty Blender
- Natural Eyeshadow palette
- Urban Decay lash primer
- Charlotte Tilbury black mascara
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner ‘Demolition’
- Fake Bake bronzer
- Dawes Lipstick as blush
- Dawes Clear hydrating lip plumping gloss
- Kat Von D setting spray
Thanks so much for reading and watching. If you have any questions about how to do this makeup or the products drop me a comment below or on Instagram.
Find me on Instagram
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2021, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats.Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.