Last Updated on June 28, 2023 by Eve Dawes
Bridgerton Regency Era Makeup Gets a Modern and Fresh Update
Bridgerton makeup and beauty is feminine, fresh, natural and highlights all of your features. Daphne Bridgerton’s makeup look was probably the most true of this of all of this Netflix series cast. Here’s everything you need to know about recreating this Regency era Bridgerton look from the base to fluffy Bridgerton eyebrows and making it work now with this quick and easy Bridgerton Makeup tutorial.
What inspired Bridgerton Makeup
The Regency era saw a break from heavily powdered and made up faces and was a lot more natural. Rouge was acceptable if done delicately and subtly. The main differences between this look and the heavily contoured look of the past few years is the textures, colors and saturation.
Bridgerton Makeup is matte, very blended and uses creamy blushes. Forget long false eyelashes, unnatural shaped eyebrows, noticeable liner on the eyes and lips and think more about accenting what mother nature gave you.
I love contouring my face but I’m giving this softer and more natural look a go. The added bonus is that it’s quick and easy to do for everyday makeup.
This blog post contains affiliate links.
Bridgerton Makeup | Main Characteristics of this Regency Era Inspired Look
Bridgerton is one of the most binge worthy Netflix series and sure to inspire a lot of beauty and fashion this year. The stylish characters, period fashion, hair, makeup and settings made Bridgerton series beautiful to watch.
This Regency era inspired makeup is based on the lead character Daphne Bridgertons makeup look. Think very natural, modest and super easy to do. The key take aways from this Bridgerton makeup tutorial are:
- A flawless natural base that’s not overly matte or cakey. Think porcelain doll.
- A natural colored cream blush. You can use your lipstick to do this by applying it as a blush (see how in the makeup tutorial below).
- Bridgerton eyebrows: Regency makeup like that seen on Daphne Bridgerton included perfectly groomed eyebrows that followed her natural shape. Full and brushed up and outwards for volume make this look.
- Black mascara and natural length lashes.
- A wash of matte neutral eyeshadow. Makeup By Mario Master Mattes eyeshadow palette is perfect for this.
- If you want to use eyeliner, opt for browns and line the inside of your upper lash line to darken the roots. If you do the bottom lash line, do it ever so lightly under your lashes to keep the eyes bright and for that wide awake look.
- For even larger looking eyes, use a nude kohl eyeliner inside your lower lash line along the water line.
- A natural colored lip balm or matte lipstick on unlined lips or very lightly lined lips just so the color doesn’t bleeds. It’s not a nude lip color but one slightly redder than your own lips.
View this post on Instagram
Bridgerton Makeup Tutorial | Regency Era Inspired Beauty
How to do Bridgerton makeup in under 10 minutes. Follow along with this step by step regency makeup tutorial video and bookmark this page to get back to it whenever you want to try the Daphne Bridgerton makeup look again.
Daphne Bridgerton Makeup | Cruelty free beauty products used
All of the cruelty free beauty products used for this Bridgerton makeup tutorial are linked below the list.
- Kat Von D Primer but most brands will work
- Bare Minerals Foundation. Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin also works really well for this look and gives buildable coverage.
- Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer
- Beauty Blender
- Natural Eyeshadow palette
- Urban Decay lash primer
- Charlotte Tilbury black mascara
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner ‘Demolition’
- Fake Bake bronzer
- Dawes Lipstick as blush
- Dawes Clear hydrating lip plumping gloss
- Kat Von D setting spray
Thanks so much for reading and watching. If you have any questions about how to do this Bridgerton makeup tutorial or the products drop me a message on Instagram.