Last Updated on December 10, 2023 by Eve Dawes
My post workout skincare routine
Elemis and Sweaty Betty have joined forces in the past for a complete outside in approach to health and fitness with their ELEMIS x Sweaty Betty post workout skincare routine set. Which is how I discovered I love Elemis superfood skincare, Sweaty Betty leggings and supportive sports bras. It was the first time I’d seen a skincare company and fitness company collaborate and it’s a genius idea. The collaboration included a 6 piece Elemis post workout skincare and beauty set in a sleek black Sweaty Betty makeup bag. It’s no longer available but their superfood and travel sets are. As are Sweaty Betty sets, so here’s what you need to know about both brands.
These products were gifted to me by Elemis. This post contains affiliate links which don’t affect the price to you in anyway.
I always try to keep my post workout skincare routine as quick as possible. As I workout in the mornings and want something refreshing, effective, that smells great and that will get rid of the post workout flush without taking ages to do.
Elemis Post Workout Skincare
I discovered Elemis back 2002 when I was dancing on the cruise ships. We’d often get asked to do spa demonstrations and that’s what the beauty therapists used on us. As much as I try lots of different products to be able to compare and review them, there’s some brands I keep coming back to when I find something that works, that I like and that I enjoy using.
We spend so much time and money on it we might as well try and enjoy it. Elemis fits so well into a post workout skincare routine as it makes the gym changing rooms feel like a spa rather than a chore.
Each Elemis product is effective and luxurious enough to be used in spas. So if you’re wanting to try a new post workout routine, I’ve talked about all 6 products below. Including the Elemis superfood sets and pro collagen collection. Their complete sets including cute travel sets are so much better value than buying everything individually.
You can also build your own set to make sure that you have everything you need to shower, double cleanse, exfoliate, tone, primer, hydrate, refresh and recharge post workout.
The Elemis x Sweaty Betty post-workout skincare collection
The set included all of the following which can all be bought individually.
- Pro-Collagen Energizing Marine Cleanser 150ml – Full Size. This smells amazing and foams up really well for a good deep clean.
- Superfood CICA Calm Cleansing Foam 50ml. You can feel almost like an oxygen facial deep clean with this super foaming cleanser and it helps to reduce the redness from working out and balance your skin.
- Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads – 14 pads. I’ve been using these tri-enzyme pads once a week rather than everyday for baby soft skin and to remove my self tanner to make my face ready for a new application. I probably need to use them more often though as I’ve started to get blocked pores from using the IR sauna more.
- Superfood Kefir-Tea Mist 100ml – Full Size. This is one of my favorite skincare products in this kit as it’s so refreshing and a great multitasker: toner, primer and hydrating mist. I’ve put mine in the fridge for a cooling post shower blast.
- Superfood CICA Calm Hydration Juice 20ml. This little gel tube is packed with vitamins and superfoods to calm, cool and hydrate. A little goes a long way. I think finish with my SPF mixed with a few self tanning drops.
- Skin Nourishing Shower Cream 100ml. This is travel size which makes it perfect for throwing in your gym bag. I always prefer using my own products than the gyms as I know what they are.
- Warm-Up Massage Balm 150ml – Full Size. This is lovely in the evening to wind down and give tired muscles a rest. I’ve been having Mr Dawes give me a shoulder rub while watching TV and it smells just like the spa.
- Exclusive Sweaty Betty Utility Essentials Wash Bag. This is big enough for all of the products plus extra space for your deodorant, SPF and hair brush.
These products work really well together for post workout skincare. The products are designed to be active skin and body care essentials.
Embrace your inner wellness warrior with these feel-good favourites.Elemis
Shop Elemis travel and gift sets
I’ve shared both the individual as well as Elemis travel sets which are perfect for throwing in gym bag for post workout skincare without weighing it down too much. As well as other Superfood, pro-collagen, pre and post workout products that smell as good as they work.
Sweaty Betty Review
This Sweaty Betty set with it’s cute leggings and sports bra are such a great marbled print for summer. The sizing runs true to size and doesn’t squish you like some leggings and sports bras do.
The Sweaty Betty leggings are high waisted, ‘bum sculpting’ with cleverly placed seams and have pockets big enough for your phone, credit card and ID. The Sweaty Betty sports bra’s really supportive and super soft. As much as I love the look of thinner straps, wider straps are definitely more comfortable and supportive.
This exact Sweaty Betty set is sold out but they have lots more colors and prints and their sizing is pretty consistent. I’ve only shared a few but they have so many options including 3 different levels of support in their sports bras.