Crop tops and bare midriffs aren’t going anywhere this Winter. Here’s how to style them 11 ways without going blue
Bare midriffs and crop tops were a huge trend in 2021 and are here to stay for Winter and into 2022. If the thought of wearing a crop top or having a bare midriff in Winter makes you shudder or cringe at the thought of having your stomach out here’s how to wear a crop top this Winter. Along with some hot crop top outfit ideas from the Fall Winter 2021 2022 runways that are wearable IRL.
Bare midriff tops can be a nightmare to style to avoid looking cheap and not like a teenager. I know I don’t want my white belly on show in December but you can’t go wrong with these ways to style a crop top or wear a bare midriff top. It’s up to you how much skin you show and is a great trend for choosing how much skin you show or don’t show and playing with layering pieces.
How to wear a crop top or midriff top in Winter
If you don’t want to freeze or bare a white stomach in the middle of Winter, try these 11 styling tips to find a way to wear your favorite crop top that works for you.
- Layer fitted crop tops or midriff tops under a sheer top
- Apply a healthy dose of self tanner to cheat a winter tan
- Buy a long sleeve sweater crop top. This can be anything from a fitted style to a cozy boxy hoodie to a turtle neck.
- Choose cut out sweater dresses that look like crop tops and create a bare midriff while covering the sides of our stomach we like the least and being a thicket fabric than most bare midriff tops.
- Layer under a tailored vest and blazer for work then ditch the vest for after work drinks.
- Wear your bare midriff top over a button down shirt with fitted jeans and heels or chunky boots.
- Wear a super cropped turtle neck sweater over a long sleeve body suit.
- Ditch the granny knit sets and grab a crop knitwear set.
- If athleisure wears more your style, there are tons of cropped loungewear sets out there this Winter.
- Wear your crop top with high rise pants or skirts to close the gap and have less skin on show. With the added bonus this makes legs look longer.
- Turn your favorite button down shirt into a midriff baring top by rolling it up and under and tucking into your bra to keep it in place. Layer with a winter coat and you’re good to go.
Bare Midriff Crop top outfit ideas
Steal these fashion icons styles for inspiration on how to wear a midriff top this Winter. From red carpet midriff baring crop top ideas to more casual looks.
Shop the crop | Bare midriff tops, sweaters & sets for Winter
Layer up with these trending winter jackets and coats
Eve Dawes is a Blogger, Podcaster, Mrs. England World 2020, a WBFF Pro Diva, SAG-AFTRA actress, NASM certified Personal Trainer, Founder of Dawes Custom Cosmetics and GlamourandGains.com. Eve's also the host of BFF (beauty, fitness & fashion) segment on Spill The Tea Live! The show for British Expats. Eve has over 15 years experience in the fashion world, is an avid traveller and cruelty-free beauty advocate.