The most stylish womens matching for all seasons & how to style them
The best women’s matching sets, especially blazer and shorts sets and blazer and dress coord sets have been my go for a while. Not just for Summer, a lot of them stay on rotation through Fall & Winter too with some simple style changes. So what are the best matching 2 and 3 piece sets for women? When I say women’s matching set outfits I’m not talking about loungewear, business skirt or pant suits. I’m talking about fashion forward coord sets you’d wear for everyday or a night out. Most aren’t styles you’d wear to the office. It’s pretty much the only way I’ve been buying blazers and shorts or skirts this year. Proof in all the pics below! As it means I always have a complete outfit rather than a full closet but nothing to wear. I also love crop tops and bralettes but having a blazer over the top of them makes me feel a bit more confident having that much skin out. Plus it makes the outfit appropriate for more places. Keep reading for the best womens matching coord sets.
This post contains affiliate links. A lot of these items were gifted.
Are matching sets still in style
Yes, matching sets for women are still in style. They were spotted all over the streets at NY and London Fashion Week. The womens matching sets trending now are either bright pink, blue, green or yellow, or neutrals. With crop top and skirt coord sets layered under long line blazers being one of the most popular ways to take this Summer trend into Fall.
How to style womens matching sets for Fall & Winter
For Winter, there are lots of knit matching sets for staying warm and stylish. So don’t think this trend is going anywhere this season. I’m loving the cozy knit skirt and sweater sets, shrug and pants sets and glam satin coord sets.
If you’re stuck with what to wear on your feet with them, try knee high or over the knee boots, chunky loafers or closed toe platforms for Fall Winter this year. There’s a super cute pleated knit skirt set by Reformation that would be perfect with over the knee socks or tights and loafers to nail the preppy trend this Fall/Winter.
8 reasons to love the womens matching set trend
As you can see from all of my photos, coord sets are my go to outfit for so many reasons:
- Matching sets means you’ll always have a complete outfit. No more ” I have nothing to wear” moments.
- They make creating a coordinated, put together look easy.
- Most of the styles are right on trend and are an easy way to update your wardrobe.
- If you’re like me and not comfortable wearing just a crop top, especially when going out for dinner, a matching blazer, shorts and crop top set give a bit more coverage. Especially high waisted shorts and blazer sets.
- They’re easy to layer with and wear for every season.
- If you have a few in complimentary colors and styles you can mix and match and color block to create more outfits. This is perfect for when you’re trying to pack light.
- You can wear them year round as layering pieces. Just add or take away tights, over the knee socks, boots, roll neck sweaters, blazers and jackets depending on the season.
- 2 and 3 piece sets look more stylish than non matching pieces.
The best womens matching blazer and shorts & blazer and pants sets
I have quite the collection of these and can’t rave about them enough. Especially materials like boucle/tweed or denim that don’t crease when you pack them which is why they came to Europe with me this Summer.
These are my top recommendations for the blazer and shorts or blazer and pants coord sets to wear right now whether you’re looking for casual or dressy, warm or cold weather.
Plus some of the womens matching blazer and shorts sets I own and some others that I have hearted on my favorites list for either my next vacation or shopping spree.
For one of the coolest looks, denim on denim is good way to go and this one checks off this seasons bustier trend
Womens matching sets | Crop top and skirt sets
If you’re looking for an outfit to turn heads, this bodycon cut out knit skirt and long sleeve crop set is drop dead gorgeous and the most stunning shade of blue. Satin and crop top versions are perfect for Spring Summer but there’s also some stunning cut out knit 2 and 3 piece skirt or pants sets that are perfect for Fall/Winter.
This red knit 3 piece set is from Lulu’s and I also wear the crop top and bralette with my black jeans not just the skirt. I find the top straps run long even when fully adjusted, there’s buttons on the back. So you might want to size down or use a plastic straps adjuster to pinch the straps together to make them shorter.
For a glam night out, I have my heart set on either this aqua blue satin feather crop jacket and mini skirt set or the hot pink crop blazer and skirt set. It’ll just depend on what events and parties I have coming up this season.
I love how different this color is and the feather accents make it more unique than you usual satin outfit. It’s also one of those sets you could mix and match with other closet staples like jeans or black leather pants.
This hot pink women’s matching set is right on trend but it’s more structured and a bit less glam than the satin feather outfit but easier to clean. So now you can see my dilemma on which to pick! It’ll all come down to the occasion.
If money was of no object, I’d be all over this Balmain black skirt and crop top set.
Follow for more daily fashion inspo
Daily OOTD’s, sale alerts and discount codes, as well as fun and games with my fur babies and travel.
More coord sets and style to wear this season
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, these are more specific women’s matching sets posts and the best ones to nail each trend.
- The Matching Sets The Style Stars Are Wearing Now | Get The Knit Set Trend
- The Best Womens 2 Piece Outfits & Matching Sets & to Wear This Summer
- Why Bralette Crop Tops & Knits Are My New Favorite Layering Piece For Fall & Winter
- 10 Reasons To Jump on The Womens Shorts Trend This Summer
- The White Shorts & Blazer Sets to Wear this Summer